Another congregation closed

by hoser 30 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

15 years ago there were 5 congregations now there is only one and it is still struggling. Congregations closing their doors doesn’t mean business is good. It looks like this last one to fold had no young witnesses, they either left the religion or moved. Some publishers drive over an hour to the meeting.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

There’s No way I would have driven over an hour to another kingdom hall.. My hall was under ten minutes away and I missed meetings now and then. Of course, I worked full time but still..

As for the JWs who do this long drive to the new hall, I assume they aren’t elderly and this isn’t at night in the winter with ice on the roads! ..Maybe for people like this they might make a sunny Sunday meeting in milder weather - but maybe not every week with gas prices.

Nah, the religion is delusional if they think they can yet keep selling off halls and that people will drive even further to the next one. At some point, there will be people who just won’t go anymore.

Just as well I’ve been out for ages. I would never have done this.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Some publishers drive over an hour to the meeting.

That's not important. The important thing is that the GB has indoor swimming pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, and doctors on staff in the infirmary within their lakeside resort. They also just purchased an additional 249 acres so they can play dress-up like ancients while video taping their delusions.

Wash those toilets and windows you people of the great crowd; we need your money to prepare to run the world! You don't want to prove unfaithful do you? Hah, Hah, Hah, ha, ha, ha,

We are the rightful rulers of the world!

What does Stephen Lett mean to Jehovah's Witnesses? - Quora

Get over it.

• Listener
    Listener

How do they reconcile the idea of making their followers travel further for meetings so that they can afford to make more videos?

I suspect that these new studios are a coverup for where the bulk of the money is really going and an excuse to keep begging for more.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what happens when it's not just high gas prices? I presume that gas will be in short supply once the midterms are stolen by the dumps--at which point, they pull the plug on draining the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (which was for supply disruptions, not just for high prices). At some point, they are not only going to raise gas prices right back up, but we will have a shortage.

You want to waste all that gas traveling 80 or 90 kilometers each way to a simple boasting session? And what about field circus? That wastes enough gas as is. Are they going to have to get up at 5 AM to make these meetings, drive 90 km to get to the meeting place, have their meeting at 7 AM, then drive the 90 km back? What a waste.

And, for those worried about carbon footprints and climate change, what does wasting all that gas do to their carbon footprints? And that of the whole religion? That is going to be fun when they start imposing our Biden Dollars, where you get cut off (and lower social credit scores) if you exceed your carbon limit. Which will be well below what you are getting if you waste all that gas going to and from boasting sessions all the time (which they are going to hound people into doing instead of going back to Zoom as a way to save driving time and gas).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WIZARD:

Yes, it’s all a waste and I’m Glad I have been out these past 21+ years. Whether it’s driving longer distances like an idiot or listening to constant appeals for money, I’m not having any of it.

I would never tolerate what the Witness religion has become.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

There can never be enough closures of JW kingdom Halls in my book.

The more the merrier .

• hoser
    hoser

What usually happens in these situations is that the publishers move closer to the congregation or they just fade away.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There was a well respected Elder(tm), one of the inner sanctum clique ones. He would always almost have an orgasm when talking about the 'growth(tm)..the GROWTH(tm)..just look at the GROWTH(tm)'.

I think the only growth is that the WBT$ is a septic growth on the arse of humanity.

If anything it's the dwindling.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Some of those who make the effort will feel as if they're proving their dedication. They are the ones who get asked to be interviewed in circuit and district conventions. "Brother A, what was your situation like?" "Well Brother B, we had to make a two-hour round trip to the meetings, but we were determined to do it, even when the weather was bad and we were sick, we trusted in Jehovah! And that time we were beaten and mugged on the way back home, we praised God that at least they didn't kill us!"

My mother dragged us to meetings during times when we had to walk through some bad areas and take a 30 minute bus ride. Nothing would have stopped her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit