Are They Trashing Our Pics Too?

by writerpen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

God, Dan does have it down - EXACTLY!!!! LOL. It's sad though.

• starfish422
    starfish422

My parents recently celebrated a milestone anniversary and at the party given by my siblings, my eldest brother had prepared a Powerpoint presentation with old photos, etc. of our family. There was ONE photo of me, from when I was very small. No photos of my son whatsoever.

My father said if I left it would be as though I was dead; but they still display photos of other relatives who've passed away. Grrrrrr.

**edited to add that I was not at the party LOL but this info was passed along to me by my non-JW grandmother.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

breakingbenjamin: Wow, your parents really suck.

• blondie
    blondie

May I connect 2 topics by saying that now the elders will not only be checking videotapes, DVDs, CDs for questionable content but checking all the family photos on the wall as well.

Blondie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We used to have a photo albumn in the library at our Kingdom Hall. There were pics of our three days construction and various get togethers, etc. The wife of one of the elders was looking through it one day. She removed a photo of her former Bible student who had been disfellowshipped. I remember being very puzzled by this. I thought, "Wow, has she decided that the sister is not coming back, ever?" I thought it judgmental and negative and very sad.

This elder's wife was actually a very loving person. She removed the photo in sadness. I still thought it unecessary and extreme.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit