Are They Trashing Our Pics Too?

by writerpen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

I was at my parents today for the first time in a while. I noticed that they have removed all photos of my brother and I from the walls and furniture. We are disfellowshipped. My sister, still a witness, has her face plastered all over the house. I'm wondering if the dubs have been instructed to do this or not. Anyone have info on this?

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I doubt there was any instruction from corporate headquarters but I'm sure your parents want to please Jehovah and since you are spiritually dead already they need to take steps to overcome their grief.

Plus you know that they'd be whispered about at the hall if a brother saw your photos.

Or maybe they're just heartless? What do you think?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Sounds like they're taking their own nasty steps, going beyond what is written, but not in a way that would ever meet with Brooklyn disapproval. That sucks! What kind of parents are they?? Bastards!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm so sorry to hear that they are doing that. My guess is that they are doing it on their own. Maybe afraid what others might thing to have them out when they visit from the cong. How sad. That would hurt me. I know my mom will keep mine out because she always kept my sisters out even though she is dfd.

• RR
    RR

I'll take a stab at it. Since your departure, they have no doubt considered you dead. The jews do something similiar, when one leaves the Jewish faith, the family hold a mock funeral, they are considered dead by the family.

When I left the Catholic Faith to be a JW, my mother (although still spoke to me) had a photo of him under a statue of a catholic saint. Not sure which one, maybe the saint of apostates, who knows!

RR

• Perry
    Perry

In all likelihood they took them down after reading an article titled:

Are You Proving Your Loyalty To Jehovah?

Its hard not to take it deeply personal. I been working on shrugging it off for years. Haven't been able to forgive them yet. The near future doesn't look bright for forgiveness either.

I'm looking into mercenary work to blow off some steam.

• writerpen
    writerpen

I appreciate the info. I was really wanting to know if the Society had published any information. My parents had kept our photos out for a long time. But I must admit that their behavior started to change after that August KM last year (sorry, maybe it was 2001). Anyway, thanks for the info. It does hurt. Just when I think it won't hurt anymore, I see that it still does.

• shamus
    shamus

Writerpen,

I cannot say how sorry I am that you are going through this. It really is a horrible religion that treats its follower like this...

Brian.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'm sure glad I'm not caught in this family shunning thing. All my family who were JWs are dead, except for an aunt and two first cousins. My closest relative, my brother is df'd, and he isn't interested in going back and we are closer than we ever were as JWs.

Ken P.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Still another example of un-Christ like behavior. I have yet to see any religion so willing to destroy families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit