Now it's wrong to sweep up!!!

by petespal2002 34 Replies latest jw friends

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

At a meeting last Thursday night, so I'm reliably informed, a brother was sweeping up outside the KH as he always does every meeting. On this occasion however, he was taken to one side by an elder, told it was not his place to sweep the front of the hall, and to go back to a neighbouring congregation as he is "not wanted here!"

Maybe only the super-righteous can sweep in public and the rest of us slosh out the latrines!!!!!!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

He obviously forgot "his place". Every JW is assigned to a given congregation. He was going to the wrong one and was ordered back to his assignment.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is good,

This is exactly the kind of unthinking unkindness on the part of the elder that might drive this kind hearted person to question the borg.

As we know, it is usually when the insult becomes PERSONAL that a Dub begins to ask questions.

• Sassy
    Sassy

That is ridiculous. I thought we were all told that we should be pitching in and doing whatever.. giving freely..

• foreword
    foreword

You only do what you are told to do and when, you can only give under these circumstances, unless of course you want to donate money, then they are open arms and friendly (for a few days anyway). I wonder, if he wanted to give them money, would they have told him he was in the wrong congregation.

This man was obviously disrespectful of Jehovah's arrangements. If he wasn't assigned to do this, he shouldn't have taken upon himself to sweep the front of the hall. Imagine the mess if everyone wanted to sweep the front of kingdom halls without elder supervision or permission. All this janitorial stuff can and should only be handled by spriritually strong individuals who know what they are doing. This is why most elders are janitors, I mean it takes a lot of brains to swoosh a mop around.

What if this man had done the job wrong, (like started on the wrong side or something like that) and the neighboors saw it, imagine the reproach on the name of Jehovah, unthinkable. He should be publicly reproved.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Maybe it's because he wasn't sweeping stuff under the rug.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Everything Not Permitted is Forbidden"

It's called C-O-N-T-R-O-L

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

what? I don't understand... are there more details to this story? Who is this guy? Why is he sweeping? Is he mental?

If somebody just showed up and started sweeping, I'd kick him out too. After I let him finish sweeping, of course. I mean, people just showing up and sweeping? That's like... like... a miracle, or something.

Christmas is upon us!

CZAR

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    ...and to go back to a neighbouring congregation...

He may have had his nose out of joint with his assigned Cong.

Maybe he had been sweeping without a licence there too.

• uriah
    uriah

He can come round and sweep my garden path if he likes and then he can wash my car - I'm not proud. Trouble is, he probably stepped on someones toes and they squealed to the elder who checked his 'punish the flock of god book' and went and told him to go forth and multiply. I remeber being asked to read the WT once, out of the blue, so I said OK. The fact that I had a beard and low hours seemed to have past this elder by and I believe he was reprimanded by elder righteous- I didn't get asked again for years when my Hours Count went up a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit