Received my first letter since leaving

by Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• freddo
    freddo

There was a CLAM meeting in early April about reaching out to the inactive (barf ) and he obviously thought of you. (A friend of mine had a couple of texts from "well meaning" jw's)

It's not sinister, just deluded.

Just don't write back anything which might be interpreted as negative towards the magnificent seven.

If you do write back I would ignore the content and say something like this ...

Dear XXXX

Thank you so much for writing to me. I really appreciate your loving concern and am writing back to let you know that everything is going really well in my life at the moment.

I well know things can change for better or worse and I often reflect upon life's purpose and my place therein and am so grateful for my relative good health and good friends.

Please accept my best wishes to you and all those you hold dear.

Warm regards,

YKBW

That'll mess with his head!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I am enclosing a Watchtower with this letter, where you can read two very nice articles that confirm what I mentioned above

WatchTower Confirms, what he Parroted from WatchTower..

Image result for Idiot

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

@Redpilltwice

Amos 3:7? Really??? Man,I eat this sh#tty arguments for breakfast. If Amos 3:7 is proof for Jehovah's support and blessing, then what about the false prophecies

LOL haha very true!

@freddo

There was a CLAM meeting in early April about reaching out to the inactives.

I totally forgot this! You are right. Then the timing of the letter makes more sense. Thanks

@stillin I think the same, this pioneer is in his seventies and I think this is in his eyes a good deed that he wrote in sincerity. I still feel though that a kind answer will lead to them thinking that is is still possible for me to return.

During my fade I used the 'difficult personal circumstances' reason whenever I was asked about anything, this is meant to try to keep my fade intact. So I think about sending something like this:

hello [elder]

the letter has been received and has been read. As i have told you before, my situation now has been caused by difficult personal circumstances that are unrelated to my faith. The reason for your letter to me was to preach to me. This kinda surprised me, since I still have faith and have a good relationship with God. The letter does not change any of my personal circumstances.

Greetings [YKBW]

Is this an appropriate response?

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Look around you. The problems of all the nations can all be traced back to the offer of the Devil in Eden ... ''you can do it yourself''...

Here you see the question of sovereignty that is going on. But no matter how hard people try, with their human wisdom this will never succeed. (1 Cor. 1:19 + the context)

This line of reasoning always disgust me... if the bible is to be believed. Man can't make his own decisions or rule himself successfully, and to prove it God is going to let us have a go at it for 6k + years with the devil and his horde pissing all over our efforts. Sounds fair to me...lol
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I think it is an appropriate response.

Kind and firm.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People or organizations (false prophets) that go against God's word or instructions laid out by his son in preaching the Gospel, can not be solemnly chosen by him, the bible even says to stay away from false prophets.

1 John 4:1 .....

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think someone is short on his hours this month.

I agree...nothing about you. No "how are you or been thinking about you." He just jumps right into the scriptures and even sends you WT literature. No personal care.

I have a great idea to get any JW off your radar. Tell em you short on cash or you need someone to help you move. I can guarantee you'll never hear from him again. Lol

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

YESU CHRISTO:

I love it when JWs like to be preachy and either send letters or use Facebook to send messages.

Well, when I responded by sending a long FB message criticizing one of the orgs videos asking for money...I got no answer back. I guess what I said may have hit hard and offended them. Good. I saw later on that their FB profile is not visible. So what?

Witnesses don't like when you give them a taste of their own medicine - or in my case a dose of reality.

• steve2
    steve2

He's in his 70s, pioneers, has nothing without JW organization. He was literally writing about himself. He used the FOG formula (Fear, Obligation and Guilt). He has given his life to the organization. This old man can see only one point of view: His. He is happy he you 'helped' him get his time in.

• Etude
    Etude
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

I'm having a hard time deciding how I would respond if I were you, so I'm not recommending any particular course. The letter could have been a fulfillment of a requested campaign on the part of the Witlesses to get people back. That shows a level of desperation on their part. It could also be a way to trap you into admitting something they can "get you" for.

One thing sounds familiar to me: the tone of the letter. It is a bland, non-specific and detached way of addressing someone. It's not just because there's no mention of anything really personal about you. It is also because it follows an outline which could easily have been filled with blank lines captioned "Insert-name-here." I got one of those from the Service Department once and it left me agape.

What you reply should also consider were you want to end up with them (in case you are ostracized and shunned by family) or whether you care so little as to use them (and the letter) as toilet paper. Good luck!

Etude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit