Received my first letter since leaving

by Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

Today, I received a paper letter in my mail. Since I left at the second half of 2016, I never received something like this.

It is a one and a half page hand written letter that is written by an elder pioneer (I guess he needed some easy way to get his time in).

It is not written in English, so I will translate it:

''Hello [YKBW],

I am writing you this letter because you were drawn to Jehovah via the education you received through Christ. (John 6:44)

This is a unique relationship, that is of course constantly attacked by the Devil and his accomplices.

One of the weapons that he uses, is to let us and the world try to believe that we (underlined in letter) can solve all the problems in the world ourselves. Look around you. The problems of all the nations can all be traced back to the offer of the Devil in Eden ... ''you can do it yourself''...

Here you see the question of sovereignty that is going on. But no matter how hard people try, with their human wisdom this will never succeed. (1 Cor. 1:19 + the context)

Hence, it is Jehovah through Christ that teaches us how we can be happy. In letting us drawing closer to his Word and Spirit He also uses his channel to teach us according to his will.

Amos 3:7 says: For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing. Unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.

This way of acting can be seen through all parts of the Bible. It was true for the Christian congregation of the past and also for the Christian congregation of today. (1 Cor. 2:10)

''For it is to us (underlined in the letter) God has revealed them through his spirit.''

This has nothing to do with ...''unreadable word''... or that Jehovah's organisation is operating without mistakes. Just as in the first century things are progressively being made clearer.

I am enclosing a Watchtower with this letter, where you can read two very nice articles that confirm what I mentioned above. (it's the Watchtower of April 3-30. The two articles he meant are ''Jehovah leads his people'' and ''Who is leading God's people today?'')

[YKBW], I hope that you take notice of this. All or personal problems will be solved, and if not, we can at least better deal with all things, if you do what is being said in Proverbs 3:5,6.

Your brother in the Truth.''

Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

I don't really know what to think about this letter. It is clearly not just a letter one writes to a friend for no specific reason. It clearly is preaching, with all those verses in it. A bit sad actually. I also found it weird that he ends with ''Your brother in the Truth.'' Does this mean my fade has been succesfull, since he still considers himself a brother of me? Which would actually be kinda weird, since I am still being shunned by most people. I don't really get it.

A strange letter in my opinion.

Edit:

Actually, having read it again, it literally does not even say one friendly thing.

It really reads like a warning.

This will definitely get me back into the fold LOL

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

My "favorite: part"

...All or personal problems will be solved, and if not, we can at least better deal with all things...

That affirmation of certainty is what makes many people stay, using this pipe dream to feel safe and secured. I hope you know better.

The letter doesn't say anything about you, doesn't ask anything about you, and shows absolutely no interest in anything about you. Funny thing is that they think that they are being loving by doing that.

Throw it away.

Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

Scratchme1010,

Thanks for your comment.

The letter doesn't say anything about you, doesn't ask anything about you, and shows absolutely no interest in anything about you. Funny thing is that they think that they are being loving by doing that.

True! This was also exactly my reaction. Really strange.

Throw it away.

I think I will give it to my Theology professor. I am interested in knowing what a real Bible scholar thinks of something like this.

That affirmation of certainty is what makes many people stay, using this pipe dream to feel safe and secured. I hope you know better.

Indeed! I notice in the letter that solved is put between brackets. I forgot to add the brackets in the opening post in that sentence. It makes it even more strange.

• tiki
    tiki

Very preachy...perhaps he needed an audience and didn't have one, hence the letter....plus could be a good couple hours field service...plus brownie points for the shepherding the flock bit....

And it could be a ploy to get a response and find out what problems you are dealing with that he can then dredge up more preacheries.....

Whatever...if you are through with the religion, ignore it....not worth dwelling on.

Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    And it could be a ploy to get a response and find out what problems you are dealing with that he can then dredge up more preacheries.....

I agree. What I don't understand is why it is a paper letter. He has my phone number, so he can send a text message without problem. Why do they do it like this, with those letters? So that they can spend more time for it relating to field service?

I think I will not respond to the letter since it can only lead to more preaching, like you say.

• longgone
    longgone

My take on this is as above. He was totaling up his hours for the month or year and needed the time. This may explain why it was handwritten as well. That takes awhile.

A text would take next to no time as there would be no lengthy preaching.

A phone call? Well that easy, you may not answer, and if you did you may not listen to his lengthy speil. No time to speak of for his report​. Sidenote - It was a waste of paper and is added to a landfill. 😒

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

"The problems of all the nations can be traced back to Eden"

Uhhh.........He know there was no such time or place, right? That that tale is just a fantasy? It's like arguing about whether Captain Kirk is cooler than Spock. Neither one exist in reality. But Spock is way cooler IMO.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks for sharing Yesu. Gosh, already in the second sentence of his letter, he brings up the devil!!!. FEAR FEAR FEAR!!! Not much 'agape' to be found anywhere, right? Aren't JW's supposed to focus on positive or encouraging good news?

One of the weapons that he uses, is to let us and the world try to believe that we (underlined in letter) can solve all the problems in the world ourselves. Look around you. The problems of all the nations can all be traced back to the offer of the Devil in Eden ... ''you can do it yourself''...

I'd reply: Well, I've seen so many witnesses focusing on the preaching work and rejecting higher education for so many decades but the end can't be always "around the corner" don't you agree? In the *cough meanwhile *cough *cough, governments and science that HAVE invested in this system of things have improved health care, our life expectancy, food supplies, social services, working conditions, means of transport, communication, human rights, education etc. War, great plagues, child mortality and poverty have been reduced to an unprecedented scale. Acid rain and the hole in the ozon layer have been adressed succesfully and environmental movements are working hard on current problems. Don't you agree that JW's also benefit from all these "worldly" services and improvements? Yes, there are still problems,but this really is the best time to live in. How does that fit the JW picture that everything gets worse and worse? Don't you think that the WT is biased since it chooses to focus on bad news in order to claim the end is near while ignoring all the good things and impovements that have been achieved?

Amos 3:7 says: For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing. Unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.
    This way of acting can be seen through all parts of the Bible. It was true for the Christian congregation of the past and also for the Christian congregation of today. (1 Cor. 2:10)

Amos 3:7? Really??? Man,I eat this sh#tty arguments for breakfast. If Amos 3:7 is proof for Jehovah's support and blessing, then what about the WT's history of false prophecy? The end didn't come in 1914, so Russell decided to change it to 1915, just in case he'd missed a lousy year or so .Nothing happened, he died in 1916. Then Rutherford had even more scriptural proof for 1925...nothing happened. Again, in 1941 it would only be months before Armageddon...nothing happened, he died in 1942. During Knorr, Franz' overactive imagination foresaw 1975 as the end...if not, it would be a matter of just a few years, depending on the timing of Eve's creation... nothing happened...both Knorr and Franz have died. The end would come within' the 20th century...nothing happened...that whole generation of 1914 has died...only to be replaced by the WT's latest trick...the overlapping generation!

And this elder pioneer still dares to claim "Just as in the first century things are progressively being made clearer."???

This cult is soooo in denial!

• stillin
    stillin

On the other hand, he may simply be doing his best to show you kindness. Most of the Witnesses are pretty handicapped in the human relationship area of life. They feel that it's safest to either quote or paraphrase something that they have seen in print or heard a circuit overseer say.

I would thank him for his thoughts but subtly let him know that he missed the mark.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit