Holy spirit indwelling

by Ding 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Is it your understanding that any JW can have holy spirit indwell them or is that an experience a part of the anointing that the WT teaches is reserved for the 144,000?

Please provide references if you can.

• Spiral
    Spiral

No, only the very special can have HS, namely the (really, truly, verified) anointed.

The regular JWs have nothing, they just have to follow along.

No references, just what I learned as a JW growing up.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don’t have time or the inclination to look at the literature anymore, but here’s the Holy Spirit in a nutshell....

( Hey!!! Someone get me out of this thing!! )

Err...yeah... So all Dubs can be influenced by the Spirit. That’s what makes them go to meetings, and go in service, and contribute money. The Spirit is why they are Dubs in the first place as the GB say the Spirit draws righteously disposed ones to Da Troof.

BUT......

The Spirit does not influence of lead any non-anointed Dub, or any anointed Dub in any way contrary to the “Genuinely Anointed” Dubs at World HQ. ONLY the GB have the Spirit operating on them in a unique way regarding the continuing revelation of Jeehoober’s purpose.

How do we know the GB are the only Dubs who are receiving messages via Holy Spirit? Because they are at HQ! Why are they at HQ? They are “Genuine Anointed” and not mentally and emotionally unbalanced. How do we know? Because they are at HQ! Why? Because they are “Genuine Anointed!” How do we know? Because Jeehoober’s spirit acts on them in a special way. How do we know? Because they are the GB at HQ! .....🤪

Its pretty easy to see that the Spirit does whatever the GB/Legal Department says it does.

DD

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

WT teaching is that only 144 000 have Holy Spirit indwelling. But according to Romans 8:9 if one does not have the indwelling Holy Spirit, he does not belong to God.

• Ding
    Ding

I found this quote in the July 15, 1987 Watchtower, p. 13: "Just before giving a public talk or having some part on a Service Meeting or in the Theocratic Ministry School, we can beg Jehovah to have his holy spirit dwell richly in us. Why? So that we may have confidence and poise, may speak with earnestness and conviction, so as to bring honor to God’s name and build up our brothers. All such prayers are also conducive to our having the right frame of mind when speaking." (Boldface added)

That sounds like any JW can have the holy spirit dwell in them.

Is that different in Watchtowerspeak than having holy spirit indwell?

I find this confusing.

Is there a specific article that says the indwelling is only for the 144,000?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ding doesn`t Acts chapter 2 answer your question ? Its a man made concept that only a handful of men in JW Headquarters have the Holy Spirit upon them .

And no women unlike what took place at Pentecost where women also received the Holy Spirit upon them.

The WT / JW have created two classes of anointed a few men at H.Q. who dispense food at the proper time , and now a multitude of anointed filled with Holy Spirit spread throughout the earth in various congregations who have no more say in spiritual matters than any rank and file member does.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

All I believe in is that Holy Shit indwells in the Gar-Bage (GB). Anything else is BS#.

Zing

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

According to the Borg, holy spirit only acts upon the figurative 144,000.

w75 2/15 p. 106 Anointing to a Heavenly Hope—How Is It Manifest?

Therefore the principal evidence one anointed to the heavenly calling has is this spirit or dominant sense of sonship, that is, of having been begotten by God to spiritual sonship as one of the 144,000 heirs of the heavenly kingdom. One genuinely begotten can testify in all good conscience that the heavenly hopes produced in him are not born of his own desires or imaginations but are from Jehovah God, the result of His spirit’s action toward such a one.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

How can anyone have something that doesn't exist? I mean really, anyone can claim that they have been infused with holy spirit--right? In fact, I truly believe that holy spirit moved me to write this post!

just saying!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Looking back to 1989 August 15 it states that Jesus is the mediator for only the 144,000- anointed Christians, yet the 2007 QFR answer to this question was and I quote"' However, anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special "insights" beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have, nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation.""

Plus lowly pubs have always had it mentioned that as we study, holy spirit clarifies things and where two are gathered, holy spirit is there.

I do believe the society uses the holy spirit issue to obtain their objectives, using it when they want and discouraging it when they need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit