Latest Study Watchtower - JW's NEED to confess to elders

by The Fall Guy 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

If an elder is on you about confessing some sin remember what they told me " the New Testament was written for the anointed" so if your not anointed these scriptures don't apply.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TTDTT:

You are entitled to your opinion, and, as an ex-elder you feel compelled to defend it. And, I'm sorry if you are personally offended since it does not apply to you and I'm glad you were one of the trustworthy elders there. I met a few that weren't worth a nickel.

While I have no doubt that some congregations have elders who believe in confidentiality, it's not guaranteed (for the reasons I mentioned) and it's spotty. Besides, all you need is one big mouth and it doesn't matter that everybody else there kept quiet.

In my years as a JW I came to know shocking and damaging things that were none of my business. These were all judicial matters that got blabbed either to somebody's wife or somebody read his notes.

The Jehovah's Witness system is too flawed to even work.

Everything I said in my above post is true for the most part, and anybody who wants to confess their business to JWs does so at their own risk.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

I never went to the elders for anything. Didn't trust any of them. Saw how other people were treated and knew better. As soon as someone was df'd there'd be gossip and rumors. People who came to the meeting once or twice a year suddenly phoned me , asking me did I hear about so and so getting df'd at the meeting announcement. Then after affirming, they'd tell me all the juicy details as to why, and I'd always be so amazed at how a person who wasn't even regular at the meetings would know so much juicy gossip about df'd and da'd people.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Long hair girl,

Ironically the one thing the congregation could actually stand to hear about....like if someone with a sexual criminal past is in their midst.....is the one thing that gets confidential status.

TTDTT's point is true though. You are right there are no guarantees, but there are also good guys out there that don't just blab. I wouldn't say they are a majority.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Pale.emperor Is right. This scripture is so clearly taking about the literally sick. They also were ignorant enough to believe that sinning caused*literal illness* , hence the bit about sin!! What this is describing is the " laying on of hands".

Due to this forced Catholic confession and the shunning policy, many people are becoming " DOUBLE LIFERS" as its called; and Watchtower doesn't like it!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    If an elder is on you about confessing some sin remember what they told me " the New Testament was written for the anointed" so if your not anointed these scriptures don't apply.

Crazy guy Too right! LoL!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    one eye Joe it's also pretty clear that the bit about confessing sins is encouraging a culture of openness and honesty wherein people are up front about things they do wrong and in return they're also willing to be quick to forgiveness.

Absolutely, on a positive note this is one of the types of scriptures that endears even non-believers to the New Testement.

Its spirit is the very opposite of what Watchtower prescribes.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I fondled a breast before marriage, does it mean now I will die at Armageddon if I dont confess ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

OK I''ll come clean I fondled a lot of breasts before marriage, does it mean now I have to confess to each time and with whom ? ........ dam

• krismalone
    krismalone

Faithful men in the Bible practiced:

ADULTERY- Concubines anyone? This is having a mistress today. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David and many exemplary o.t. men had more than 1 woman. Oh....I forgot....god changed his standards for the new testament. Taking a MARRIED woman is adultery but not having sex with an unmarried woman. Even the Insight book under adultery and fornication admits that the meaning changed. Today, if a married man has sex with an unmarried woman, he is considered an adulterer although that was not the case in the O.T.

FORNICATION- The o.t. does NOT condemn premarital sex. In the O.T.fornication included bestiality, incest, homosexuality, but NEVER pre-marital sex. The meaning changed over time to include premarital sex. If a married woman was accused by her "husband owner" that she was not a virgin, she was killed. Why no punishment for the man she lost her virginity to? Why no condemnation for Judah for having sex with his widowed daughter in law whom he thought was a prostitute? Why no punishment for Abraham for having sex with the housekeeper after Madam Sara pimped him out? If any of this happened today, they would be considered depraved immoral perverts.

MURDER- O.T. faithful men were murderers. David even cut off the genitals of over 100 men and gave these to King Saul to purchase an extra wife to add to his collection. Samuel killed the king of the Amalekites. Samson another murderer. Oh how things change from the O.T. and the New Testament. Word of an infallible, never changing god?

SLAVERY OWNER- The O.T. allowed you to have slaves for life (unless an Israelite) you could even beat him up and if he didn't die within 3 days, you were off the hook. If you had a male slave and you allowed him to breed with a female slave and had little slaves, you can offer him freedom but his family would be your property forever. The concept of sin in the bible is bullshit!

So when watchtower says you must confess your sins or be destroyed, that is a load of bullshit considering what "god" allowed his faithful servants to do with his approval in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit