Is the Mid Week Meeting shorter or longer than before they stopped doing the book study at homes?

by Iamallcool 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Any takers?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Don't know, don't care.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If you do not care or you do not know, there is no need for you to post on this thread.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Same length 1:45

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thanks!

• Annon
    Annon

To me even if it isn't it seems much much longer. Feels like time to go home, then you have the "book study" tacked on at the end, most people seem to have given up by then judging by the sea of the same three hands up to answer.

• stillin
    stillin

It is shorter than the combined total of the two meetings under the old arrangement. When you put that together with having to get dressed up twice, drive to the meeting and back home twice, well, if I have to go to the meetings at all, this arrangement is way better.

• waton
    waton

It might be shorter looking at the starting and finish times, but as a sales training and indoctrination session, it is longer, dragging on and on and on.

For those with no social life, the separate book study was better, an enforced shower and dress-up, closer personal contact and deeper discussions, delicious goodies, beverages at the end.

• Landy
    Landy

So what does the midweek meeting consist of now? When I went it was the school, which was the 1,2,3,4, and fifth talks (I think) and then the KM. It lasted about 1.45.

• freddo
    freddo

It is very boring.

The first of the month doesn't even have real people doing the demo items - you get shadow figures usually with sickly sugary accents and demeanours asking sickly sugary unrealistic questions receiving sickly sugary unrealistic answers.

And as mentioned above adding the revisionist history err ... book study at the end makes it seem as long as a watchtower study even though it is half the length.

Interminable crap, the lot of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit