Galaxies and 49000 years

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

btlc quotes a 1976 book still claiming 49000 years (I think the idea was to conicide with the jubilee.)

In 1985 however the creation book said the 'days' were eons. I think the 1984 resonng book did too.

So what happened between 76 and 84 in Brooklyn? Didn't they suddenly beieve in other galaxies all of the sudden?

• waton
    waton
    beieve in other galaxies all of the sudden?

HTBWC" sobering thoughts: Why do you think that light that arrives from 13. billion years ago, and has been arriving here for ~ 4.5 billion years, affects the ~50 000 years, that wt bible history covers?

Did wt ever believe that the whole universe, or just the bare, wet Earth was 50 millennia old?

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Did wt ever believe that the whole universe, or just the bare, wet Earth was 50 millennia old?

Not to my knowledge , the universe was created in thousands of years to their understanding , but then again the WTS leaders were not well educated even in their time and era.

Ask Russell or Rutherford about astrophysics and they would go .... " Waaa ? "

• waton
    waton
    Ask Russell or Rutherford about astrophysics

MF: did they not believe that the Pleiades were the likely seat of heavenly rule?

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Yes which kind proves their ignorance quit well.

Jehovah does not live in the Pleiades, we are quite sure of that now.

• Oh-my-God
    Oh-my-God

JW.ORG still keeps promoting the idea that creative days, or "epochs" last only thousands of years.

It is hidden in the footnote of one of the recent articles about dinosaurs.

The Bible describes sea and land animals as being created during the fifth and sixth days, or epochs, of creation.

FOOTNOTE: In the Bible, the word “day” can refer to periods of time that last thousands of years.
    https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/dinosaurs-in-the-bible/

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

I wonder why a god who had no concept of time because he always was , decided to limit his creations to a thousand years at a time, then move on ????

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

This pouring out of God's spirit upon the flesh of all his faithful anointed witnesses does not mean those now serving as Jehovah's witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes. It does not mean that the president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society is inspired and infallible, although enemies falsely charge us with believing so. - 1947

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

GB you've taken the WTS self supporting dogma to its fullest.

But you left out the proclamation made by the JWS/WTS's top leaders who have self proclaimed that god has selectively made this organization as his solemnly chosen earthly organization guided by god's own holy spirit.

Not inspired really ???

JWS are quite apt to twist words when its convenient to come out looking honest and pure at the end.

They are essentially programed to be dishonest when it comes to defending their religion/faith/organization if deemed necessary.

Its called talking from both corners of their mouths.

This does not denote intellectual honesty in anyway, one could describe it as active inherent corruption.

• waton
    waton
    This pouring out of God's spirit upon the flesh of all his faithful anointed witnesses-- does bot mean --without mistakes.

GB: if the choosing in 1919 (read those wt mags) or the "proclaimers" book, of wt as the exclusive F& DS -- are the best, what wt touts to be "the mightiest force in the universe" can produce in humans,-- god help us all.

not minimizing the heroism of those JWs that resisted evil to their death. but errant erroneous teachings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit