I finally did it

by paradiseseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

It's done.

During the last month I've been talking with my closest friends about leaving the Org and yesterday I finally talked with my parents.

It's been almost 5 months after I said that I would do it, but I think that this extra time has been beneficial. I've said several times that I would opt for sending a resignation letter, but after talking to my best friends some of them suggested me becoming inactive and blocking my congregation's elders. I've changed my mind and I will do that because the people that I care the most now know what's going on so they won't be worrying about me not attending the meetings. Also some friends would keep talking to me even if I got disfellowshipped, but they would get in trouble, thus becoming inactive instead would soften everything for them and for everybody.

Now a new era begins and I hope to live the life that I've always wanted,

Thank you very much for your support and your advice. If you want to let me know your thoughts about this, please do it.

Paradiseseeker.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

I've been out 18 years and I never had even one day of regret.

Yes you have broken the yolk.....and now anything is possible.

Good job!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Congratulations Paradiseseeker. Ive been out 3 years and each year has been better than the last.

As The Bethelite says, “today is the first day of the rest of your life”! It was said to me when I left and it’s very true.

Im made up for you. Well done and congratulations.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Congratulations for your newly found intellectual and emotional freedom.

With that there may be more pressing responsibility toward yourself as an individual thinker.

You shouldn't be vocally apposed directly to others who are still in the religion, likewise to people in other religions, I haven't and it worked out pretty good with my still in family.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’ve been out since 1983, never looked back. Shunned (soft) by some, but not all, I’ve made a new life and raised a child to adulthood very successfully. Life is good!

• Zoos
    Zoos

This is a decision you will never regret. Welcome to freedom.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Heartwarming to hear your good news. It's not an easy decision for many to make, so be proud of yourself for being strong enough!

The real truth has set you free - enjoy your freedom from the cult.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Good work!

Fading is the best approach. Well done for being a rare, smart, brave, moral, ethical human.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Good for you for not making a hasty decision even though you've wanted out for some time now. Don't be surprised if once the newness of this has worn off a bit, you might feel a bit uncertain at times. The best thing for that is to review the information you have found that proves that the key teachings of the Watchtower are not true and therefore they are not the one true religion as they claim to be.

This does not mean that some of the values you learned as a JW (honesty, morality, protecting ones health etc) aren't still useful. Remember, JW's love to make themselves feel good by comparing themselves to the worst examples out there. Don't make the mistake of throwing the baby out with the bathwater as many former JW's have done because of their skewed view of what it means to be a non JW/ Worldly. Just because you aren't a JW anymore, doesn't mean your life has to become a the train wreck they claim it will be, without them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Now a new era begins and I hope to live the life that I've always wanted

Well said ,and I wish you all the best for your future being free from the restraints of a cult.

Take care mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit