Ban on Independent Meetings

by lssjr 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I got that the GB is curtailing the local elders adding extra congregational meetings. The ones here had an hour every morning, 2 hours Saturday. Showed the same videos over and over. Gave special talks. 3 hours on go bags one time. Even made announcements and when people asked why they had not heard them were told they should have been tuned in during the week.

There were in times past " study" groups that went into extra material. Including why Sister Annointed was having prophetic dreams and to pay attention to her.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Here you go Phizzy just as you recollected in the 2007 Sept KM page 3. I was sitting there at the meeting that night when my eyes started to open fully to this micromanaging religion. Just three years later & I was gone for good never stepping foot inside any JW event again.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

So what's the point of doing anything? I can download the Watchtowers, the KMs or CLAM material and read them and listen to public talks; if everything is scripted, what is there for us to contribute to those meetings?

• skin
    skin

Problem is the average JW will never get to read this. I know our congregation was holding the days text each morning over zoom, then an announcement to this effect was read out and that put a stop to that meeting. So JWs know they can't do the days txt over zoom, opening & closing in prayer. But when asked why not, the answer is because we are following instructions from the faithful slave. Then any slight deviations from this allowed? Is it only over zoom that we can't do the day txt? Can a few families get together at someone's place to go over the days txt, well apparently thats ok, because it wasn't specifically brought out at the meeting, only not allowed over zoom.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Cracks are already beginning to appear. This is something wt has to give serious thought to (Control) if their prime objective is the sell the halls snd run with the money.

• gabcol
    gabcol

This is an interesting topic ( don't get me wrong, a lot of the topics on here are interesting). When I was growing up, I was classed as a " fatherless boy"... my father wasn't one of jehovah's witnesses. Anyway, as kids my 2 sisters and I ( and mum) would go over to an elder and his wife's house to pre-study the watchtower. It was tolerable because after, we would go to Pizza Hut ( back when it was a restaurant). However, because of information coming from above, our pre-Watchtower studies had to stop. My mum tried a couple of times to conduct the family study, but with 3 little kids that couldn't sit still, she eventually gave up and we were left to study as individuals.

• skin
    skin

The family worship arrangement must almost be going against their own rules. Except that it is approved. Shouldn't it be called family study? The term worship used in connection with any other word that is not Jehovah, gives the wrong meaning as to what is being worshiped.

• carla
    carla

gabcol,
    " but with 3 little kids that couldn't sit still"- and now you are here, awesome!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So in these difficult times when association is sadly missed, the brothers cannot meet up electronically and discuss the scriptures? What are they trying to stop?

I hear older ones in the family recalling the days when we young things would meet up at someone's place and have lively discussions about the scriptures. That's when people were keen . I don't see much apetite for it now. Full marks to those who wanted to delve into things .. By stopping it they are showing their true colours.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    What are they trying to stop?

They are trying to stop the R & F finding out "the truth about the truth". Even the GB must realise that so much of what they preach is nonsense. How can they continue to preach about Adam & Eve just 6,000 years ago as the first humans? There is so much evidence available on the internet to debunk such teachings. Similarly with the flood as taught by JW's.

The only Q & A items these days are from the likes of the WT or group book where the answers are prepared for you. Not the slightest interpretation allowed. Even the CO visit has removed any Q & A items from his talks. Now his three items are just talks, brainwashing the audience. The "new things learned" item he used to have is long gone. Come to think of it that was on a Saturday evening, really showing my age now.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit