Are you new PIMO? (Physically In/Mentally Out)

by Iamallcool 19 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    @ RULES & REGULATIONS

Have you been reading my mail?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Always tried my best through the good times and bad. Then no one really notices when you are fading away.

Yes...that's a real eyeopener. It does make it easier to fade that way but it hurts just the same doesn't it ? Like you, after 25 years active and regular at the same Hall, it took 3.5 years before anyone noticed we were gone. The Circuit Overseer and an Elder friend of mine showed up at our door one rainy Saturday morning. He said, " I understand you folks have been missing quite a few meetings lately and we wanted to see if we could encourage you in any way". He was shocked and embarrassed to find out that I was a former Bethelite and both my wife and I lost our fathers at early ages, from not taking blood. My father was only studying at the time and the JW's convinced him to sign the no blood papers. The nonsensical blood fraction rule came out just shortly after he died and fractions would have saved him or at least made him realize how feeble the JW's reasoning on the blood doctrine is. Also, our young Son was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks after he and his fiancé' were unfairly disfellowshipped after having gone to the elders about a matter that they (like most) could have easily kept to themselves. I told the C.O that the last meeting we all attended was the Memorial over 3 years ago and the entire congregation shunned our Chemo ravaged son who they've known since babyhood and they rushed up and welcomed visiting strangers with open arms. I told him no one had even called us or looked in on us and if it wasn't for our worldly neighbors and Coworkers, we'd have been alone. I'm sure the Elder friend got an earful on the ride back to the Hall.

The other thing you find out is that the "world" isn't watching JW's and doesn't hate JW's. In fact, after all these decades of door to door work, they barely know who JW's are and are either very open minded about them or couldn't care less about them .

Anyway...sorry this happened but you sound pretty well adjusted already and it seems as if you were able to make a break of it quite quickly. The best thing you can do to cement your resolve is to disprove everything they've taught you, using their own literature. JWfacts.com is a good place to do that.
    There is a mourning period that takes place after leaving and like any other form of mourning, they say it's best to allow/expect a month of mourning for every year you were involved with whomever or whatever it is you lost. I've found that to be true and have found that there is life after the JW's.

• asp59
    asp59

"In fact, after all these decades of door to door work, they barely know who JW's are and are either very open minded about them or couldn't care less about them" Org always told us that if jw stopped knocking om the doors, every one would ask were they were or why they stopped visiting. Wrong, people out in district have not even notice that jw are not out anymore.

"Like you, after 25 years active and regular at the same Hall, it took 3.5 years before anyone noticed we were gone." I always knew that is a Common reaction in KHs. Either they arre Up with there own life and don't care abouth other members. Most time they Think you stopped going to meetings cause you were living a sinful Lifestyle and were not getting holy spirit. Life in jw land.

• carla
    carla

Welcome Suprised!

I have a question, you said, " Also all those years in UK when sick and elderly etc not allowed to write letters."- I am a ubm (unbelieving mate) so does that mean if you were sick they didn't allow or 'count' letter writing as an alternative to door to door (d2d for future reference on board) ? I thought they made allowances for certain people in dire conditions. Maybe it depended on who you knew? or individual congs?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I almost forgot;

Welcome Surprised!!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Also all those years in UK when sick and elderly etc not allowed to write letters

Unsolicited letters and phone calls were always considered to be illegal here in the UK. Whenever there was a meeting item that mentioned this there would be an announcement that it did not include the UK. When Covid struck and we went into "no door to door work" that changed, however, the instruction to write letters etc was never put in writing. It was told to the CO's who had a ZOOM meeting with the local elders and told them. Thus there was no paper trail back to the WT Society if anything went wrong. Just like trolley work, "it's your personal ministry", nothing to do with us.

George

• carla
    carla

Thanks George!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He said, " I understand you folks have been missing quite a few meetings lately and we wanted to see if we could encourage you in any way".

When I was asked that question, I simply replied: "I don't know who your sources are but you are quite wrong. We have not missed any of the meetings!"

• surprised2bhere
    surprised2bhere

I like the answer to any enquiries about not having MISSED any meetings! So true!

I think back about people who left the organisation over the years and wonder which ones had 'woken up'. Probably a high proportion. I am remembering 4 Watchtower study conductors that have served in different congregations I have been in.

Having to learn how to 'do' Christmas. Started small. Left shopping for food a bit late! But it was fun. And when people in the street say Merry Christmas - can say it back. Can see it for what it is - a family time to light up the dark momths. Loads of JWs cook turkey and have guests over etc. and want the days off work so that people who are trying to celebrate have to work.

Happy New Year to everyone.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In fact, after all these decades of door to door work, they barely know who JW's are and are either very open minded about them or couldn't care less about them. ~ Pete

SO TRUE!

In fact, any Fortune 500 Company would hire new PR reps if they got such bad results. JW's are a failure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit