Another One Bites the Dust!

by freddo 25 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

It's goodbye to Bristol - Hengrove congregation of JW's and the inmates ... err ... members, will be sent to two other Bristol congregations either side of it.

I'm told by two elders from Bristol, England it is being disbanded on May 1st 2018. This is the 2nd congregation in this circuit to be disbanded recently - the 1st being Portishead in late 2014.

Hooray!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great news!! Jehovah sure is speeding up the work! lol

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and did they own their own KH?

• Simon
    Simon

3 things are certain in life:

Death, Taxes and that proceeds of KH sales will benefit the WTS and not the people who contributed to paying for them and / or worked on building them.

But good news, now you're sharing a hall there's an incentive to contribute for the expansion now required!

Rinse, repeat.

• freddo
    freddo

To answer Stan. No. They already shared 3 to a hall but attendances were low in all 3 congs and they were the ones that got the chop, so now down to two.

• John Free
    John Free

Well this just shows how near to the end we are, Satan is clearly intensifying his efforts- causing many to tire out. Seriously, is it another smash and grab? Are borg HQ selling another hall after the cong worked hard to pay for it ?

edit: just saw your answer 👍

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Death by a thousand cuts.

• Dagney
    Dagney

This is always happifying!

Another poster sent me a video of a meeting, I think here in SoCal, and it looked like the hall was more than half empty.

The faithful few are keeping their eyes on the prize still!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

For the 2018 convention one of the video clips they have a scene where a kingom hall is being closed and some of the people are being sent to "north" and some being sent to "south" two girls are puzzled that while most of a mature sisters family are going to north she is being sent to south and the mature sisters wisdom is "trust in the watchtower" Im sure that lots of jws are thinking with all the cuts the watchtower have made since 2012 why do they need to make more cuts.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And I thought this post was about Rex Tillerson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit