And now for something really controversial !

by jhine 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• jhine
    jhine

OK , the new James Bond theme . Is it really a Bond theme ? I'm not sure , no mention of the film title , no nod to Bond at all . Clearly written with the charts in mind .

While I'm on the subject of Bond , ladies what do you think of Daniel Craig ? .At the risk of being lynched I must confess he doesn't "do it " for me !! .

And let's have suggestions for the next Bond . A female version ? Not for me , even as a woman it just wouldn't be right IMO.

Come on what are your thoughts .

Jan

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Daniel Craig doesn't do it for me either. Wrong look, wrong everything. Not suave.

JB needs to be a guy. George Clooney would be good but is not English. I would love to see Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan back.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I'm not a James Bond fan at all. I prefer Johnny English......he's more believable.
  • jhine
    jhine

Awake , that makes me feel better , I thought perhaps I was the only person who felt like that !

Punky, when you were younger you never wanted to be like Bond ?

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    jhine - No. I wanted to be Spider-man. (Still do).
  • Splash
    Splash
    I heard that Robbie Williams (ex Take That) wanted the role.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Jhine & AwakeatLast I agree 100% Daniel Craig is no James Bond - too rough looking, no charm. James Bond is really a scotsman surely there is a decent scottish actor who could play the part

punkofnice
    I'm not a James Bond fan at all. I prefer Johnny English......he's more believable
    LOL 😄
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    I don't like Daniel Craig either. I prefer Pierce Brosnan as Bond, or someone like Jason Statham
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Anyone who says Daniel Craig doesn't make a good bond never read the books.

I would also venture to say that those that feel that way aren't Bond fans, but fans of the Bond portrayed in the past Bond movies.

Ian Flemings novels were grittier and rougher than the films, and only with the Daniel Craig era are we seeing anything approaching the darkness felt in the novels.

• jhine
    jhine

No opinions on the theme yet .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit