Have you commited the unforgivable sin?

by petespal2002 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Yes, or if you ask an elder if you give a public talk one day, and he asks you why and you way "so I can shine on like you do." True story folks.

Shane,

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

This was something that I feared for a long time. I had a mother who constantly told me that I was "on the edge of being apostate", simply for asking questions. Seems it was fine to ask anything I wanted BEFORE getting baptised at age 14. Afterwards, it was taboo. I was just supposed to accept everything printed in their literature, and I could not ready anything "worldly"..least my mind be contaminated with falsehoods.

This is what eventually caused me to fall away from my firm belief that they were right. I figured if they were that afraid of mere questions, then something was seriously wrong with the picture, no matter how "perfect" it appeared.

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

I truly don't not know for cirtain what it is yet.

• Farkel
    Farkel

No true believers have dared address my agument. They are quite silent. Why? They don't like Bible crap exposed as Bible crap? I don't get it.

I wonder why these people jump off to other subjects, when there are perfectly good subjects that I bring up.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Singing Man,

: I truly don't not know for cirtain what it is yet.

You won your local spelling bee, didn't you? After you won the grammar competition, right?

Thass kewl. I have no probs with that. I understood what you said, even if you didn't present it in the "proper" way. I tease everyone, including myself! I have a lot of questions myself. Just like you. So we're pretty much swimming in the same boat. We just got to that boat with different means. Same boat. Different methods getting there, that's all.

Farkel

• Coop Man
    Coop Man

Interesting question, and one that used to, and still does scare the hell outta me. When I was younger and actively involved in the religion, I used to pray and pray for Gods' holy spirit to help me not masturbate (embarrasing, I know). Yet I would give in to temptation and do it again and again. So was I sinning against the holy spirit by this simple act?

• Faraon
    Faraon

Coop Man,

Interesting question, and one that used to, and still does scare the hell outta me. When I was younger and actively involved in the religion, I used to pray and pray for Gods' holy spirit to help me not masturbate (embarrasing, I know). Yet I would give in to temptation and do it again and again. So was I sinning against the holy spirit by this simple act?

Maybe the Holey Spook didn't want you to die from prostate cancer so she gave you the remedy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit