Have you commited the unforgivable sin?

by petespal2002 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I don't know if this is the article that JT is referring to. I read this in the February 8, 2003 Awake, the article is titled "Is There an Unforgivable Sin?"

The one paragraph that I found repulsive is on page 13 of this magazine:

"Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride or greed, and are now apostate fighters against God's spirit. They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing. Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? Jehovah is the final Judge. Romans 14:12" (Awake 2/8/03 page 13)

Hapgood

• blondie
    blondie

JT and Hapgood, thanks for that reminder. Of course, apostate = anyone who disagrees in anyway with the WTS. That is the Pharisees definition and why they killed Jesus.

Blondie

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Well if curseing God is unforgiveable than I guess I am doomed. I have cursed him many times for all the crap that is going on in my life and everyone elses life, while he sets back and does not hint he sees or gives a dam in an y real way shape or form.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men

From the context surrounding this verse, Jesus seems to be saying that the pharisees KNEW it was God's spirit at work yet damned it....

I once believed that the bible god was real and that Jesus was a real person, but I never Knew it and when I searched for factual evidence I found nothing by mythology and legends... I do not damn anything, I see the perfection of reality as I find it, some times (^_^).

I believe that religion is a snare and a racket, and I just add JWs to that list is all.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I called a body of elders Pharisees -- does that count?

Nina

• JT
    JT

yep that is the one

• Poztate
    Poztate

The only unforgivable sin is when you walk up to an elder and start a conversation by saying I THINK

You will be drummed out of the club at once and a special needs talk will be given on the dangers of independant thinking.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Nina,

I called a body of elders Pharisees -- does that count?

Of course it does. Next to JWs Pharisees are angels. It would be like calling Caligula a "Clinton" instead of a degenerate.

I never heard of a Pharisee chastising someone because s/he made the organization look bad by saying the truth.

Pharisees did not impose heavy burdens on all Jews, such as having to attend five meetings a week plus doing field services, preparing their brain washing meetings, personal study, family study, etc. Heck, they even insisted that you rested at least one day per week!

Shame on you for calling the elders "Pharisees" instead of "Jehovah Witnesses".

Witnesses are crueler and more controlling.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

According to THEM, the ultimate sin was going against the teachings of the WTB&TS. If you don't believe in them anymore, then your sin is worthless. However, I figure since tghey continue to have a policy to hide child molesters.. anything I do is pretty much paling in comparison.

CG

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I used to worry about this a lot. Now I couldn't care less.

It would take, I suppose, an undeniable miracle on God's Holy Spirit, and then I would have to try to twist it to serve God's enemy, Satan.

Why I would ever do that, I couldn't even begin to speculate, although greed for power and position seems to be at the root of the Pharisee's issues, and they have more in common with the WT than with me, Ithink. I'm just an apostate barista, what do I know?

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit