Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper Case Closed

by Panda 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

Has anyone read this book by Patricia Cornwell? I enjoyed all of the forensic science which she clearly explained, and just imagine, what if she's right ? Just goes to show that today it ain't easy to get away with murder --- even if you did it over a century ago. If it's possible to get the mitochondrial DNA off the Ripper letters I'll bet there are plenty more really old cases to spend millions of dollars on to catch the killer.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I only read a review of the book, but it was not very complimentary. Evidently there are questions as to the veracity of some of the statements she made, or so the review led me to believe. It's been some time, several months I'm guessing, since the book was first released, but I do remember there being some grumbling among Ripperologists that she played fast and loose with some data. I wish I could remember exactly what the problem was.

Sorry, but early Alzheimer's has set in.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We saw her on one of the Seattle talk shows yesterday and her evidence is very compelling. I understood Scotland Yard is pretty much in agreement with her findings. It all fit to us, as she went through her data.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Ok...ok.....so WHO DID IT??????

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Seriously, I did read about this. But, haven't had a chance to read her book.

• Mulan
    Mulan

He was an actor and an artist..................Walter Sickert. I don't think he was on the suspects list back then.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Ok...ok.....so WHO DID IT??????

Well I could get Freudian about it, what with that big knife and all.

• SiouxWoman
    SiouxWoman

I have read all of her books. I even have acookbook by her.{excellant} She is one of my very favorite authors.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I think anything that old, the DNA would be too detereated to get a profile on it. Although it would be nice if they could finally solve the case.

Will

• gumby
    gumby

I'm going to collect all the empty booze bottles around Beth Sarim , and see if ol' Judge Rutherfords fingerprints aren't on all of them.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit