WWW WT Funds at Work

by blondie 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

The question is is all of Brooklyn Bethel being moved to Patterson and Wallkill or just part of it? I don't think all of Brooklyn Bethel is going. I can see that they might consolidate the Bethelites in one location and sell all the other buildings not in use. There are quite a few brownstones throughout the Heights that are currently being used to house Bethelites. These buildings are hard to maintain plus it is hard to maintain unity, i.e., the morning worship, meal preparation in larger numbers rather than for only 8 or 10, easy to keep tabs on (spy on) these ones. The sale of all these properties will yield enough money to keep any loans low.

It makes sense that it will be the Bethelites with more seniority that remain, more likely to have cars, more likely to stay the course until death, and more likely to stay if given little perks like newer rooms with nicer amenities, and more parking space. The hoops Bethelites go through to own a car and find a place to park it is unbelievable.

Just my ideas,

Blondie

• Valis
    Valis

Um I would imagine the trendy restuarants don't want a bunch of poor people moving in only to not spend money or even add to the local economy in any significant manner. Blech!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

But you forget, Valis, Bethelites have family and friends that are not poor that come to see them, and busloads from all over. One restaurant near Bethel is making money hands over fists with their arrangement with a certain brother who organizes bus trips to Bethel. Have to take out that Bethlite to dinner.

Blondie

• pillsbury
    pillsbury

The thing that doesn't make any sense is that they have enough room right now. Before Patterson was built there were 3000 to 3500 Bethelites in Brooklyn. There is less now. They spent alot of money to refurbish the old Tower's Hotel and Bossert. They also spent a small fortune to build 90 Sands that is next to the factory buildings. I have been told that it cost them as much to build 90 Sands as it did Patterson. The reason is because they had to pay contracters to come in lay the foundation (which ran very close to the subway) and the outer shell. They finshed the rest of the work themselves. They still own all these buildings. Now I agree that they have a lot of "brownstones" but the bulk of the people reside in the main buildings. The question is still why do they need that much space to house people when they already have it? and What are they planning on moving to Brooklyn that would require that many workers to maintain it?

• Valis
    Valis

true blondie...

• blondie
    blondie

Pillsbury, we need a Bethel spy. Where is Mike Musto when you need him?

Blondie

• pillsbury
    pillsbury

As for the bethilites that do live in the outbuildings they have to walk to one of the main dining areas to eat breakfast. That way it is easier to keep an eye on them. They do not eat where they live.

• blondie
    blondie

At least in the morning they don't. All Bethelites are required to make a morning appearance, but after that they are on their own, "scavenging" food from the tables and eating in their rooms. Fewer people in those brownstones to watch your moves compared to the Towers or the Sands, Pillsbury.

Whatever, there are a lot of these little pieces of property and they go for a pretty penny in the Heights even if they are small.

You seem to have some Bethel contacts, pillsbury, try to find out what is not moving out of Brooklyn and what might be new.

Blondie

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I would guess that if the Jay Street project is approved, the Society would be selling off Bossert and Towers.

As for the brownstones... all the Bethelites who finally got enough seniority to move out of the dorms are going to be pretty pissed if they're dragged back on campus...

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I am with Pillsbury. There is no need to spend anymore on housing anyone at Bethel if they are moving. What we need to do is find someone who can look up commercial real estate for sale in Brooklyn to see exactly which buildings are being sold, and which are not on the market. If they are ALL on the market, then building this new complex in DUMBO is very suspicious. If some buildings are not for sale, then they would need to keep some people there for some reason or another. However, they already have housing for their people.

*growedup sniffs the air*

Something's fishy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit