WWW WT Funds at Work

by blondie 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think I see what they are doing... they have lots of small residence buildings scattered all over the Brooklyn heights area. Whey they are going to do is move the printing facilities to Patterson, move the related bethelites there and then sell all the buildings. They will still need a central residence complex to hold the remaining bethelites and they will all go in the new residence buildings.

Basically they are consolidating the labor force residence and selling off all the small buildings.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Elsewhere -

Pardon my ignorance, but why would they need to house Bethelites in Brooklyn if they have sold off all their buildings and moved the labor force volunteers to Patterson?

growedup

• sf
    sf

• link
    link

JeffT

I can't find the link to the thread but somewhere here there is a thread that talks about a planning application that they have put in earlier this year. In that application it says that the development is part of a ten year expansion programme.

So we are safe for ten years at least!

link

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Link -

I found something talking about a 10-year expansion project they have going on in PATTERSON, not Brooklyn. I am still curious as to why they would need to house people in Brooklyn if everything is moved to Patterson. It does not make sense to me.

growedup

• sf
    sf

Found some 'morsels' here:

The Blogalization Conspiracy:WatchTowerBibleAndTractSociety
    ... I have always been curious about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania's
    publishing operation in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn, but they are ...
    www.blogalization.info/conspiracy/ WatchTowerBibleAndTractSociety - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

PDF] BOROUGH MAP ID# B9 COUNCIL DISTRICT COMMUNITY BOARD NAME OF PLAN ...
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    ... to better serve the residential populations in Farragut Houses, DUMBO and Vinegar ... example-
    meetings were held at the headquarters of the Watchtower Society, a ...
    www.gothamgazette.com/searchlight/pdf/cp_dist35.pdf - Similar pages

• pillsbury
    pillsbury

Hello all. I have been lurking here for a while and decided to jump in this one.

This doesn't make much sense. I believe there is only around 5-6K in the whole US branch (that includes Brooklyn, Patterson, and the Farms). They have already moved much of what was in Brooklyn to Patterson (Service Dept, Tape Duplication, Art Dept) and they are moving the printing facilites to the Farm. That doens't leave much left at Brooklyn after everthing is said and done. So why would they need to build more housing? The majority of Bethelites already live in 124, 107, Towers, 90 Sands and Bossert. These buildings should be more than enough to house the remaining ones. Unless they plan to move other operations back to Brooklyn. Don't know.

• mizpah
    mizpah

I guess the Watchtower Society has never cultivated a "good neighbor policy" in Brooklyn. The fight between the other residents of that area in Brooklyn and the Watchtower is of long standing. Not only has the Watchtower ignored the historical preservation of the old buildings, but it has, like the conglomerate it is, swallowed up other buildings and crowded out the older residents without regard to their needs and wants. It's quite hard to justify when the Watchtower professes to be a
    "Christian organization."

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I guess the Watchtower Society has never cultivated a "good neighbor policy" in Brooklyn.

What a "fine witness" to their own neighbors!

Makes the WTBTS look like the real DUMBOs!!

• metatron
    metatron

Perhaps this is a negotiation ruse. Ask for a lot, get a little.

They don't always get what they ask for.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit