Has Politics Hurt Your Friendships?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes. I had a friend called Blownaway.

Since he found out via 23andme hes an Arab-Mexican hes turned into a bitter old windbag.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

There is a valid REASON why politics more than anything can ruin friendships that nobody mentioned.

Unlike religion and general beliefs in which a person can have them and keep it to themselves, politics then govern the laws and policies of your town, state, and country. So come next elections, if a super liberal got elected, who opened borders, and started turning the USA into the shit storm Sweden/Germany/Paris etc has been turning into, AFTER being warned, then any left/lib friends who said, "O crap, well we just have to live with this now. We had no idea this would happen. This is just common life around the world", I'd say your a $%$% idiot now I have to pay the price for your stupidity.

People who told all Trump voters to unfriend them, etc, all were claiming the right was going to start concentration camps for gays, Trump was going to start nuclear wars, media lied about the stock market crash immediately before the election claiming it was lowering on the fraction of a % chance that Trump would win when in reality it was dropping on the chance of Hillary winning, etc. So thus far, the left has been shown to be completely wrong and dumb about what would happen if Trump was elected, but we don't have to have had Bernie or Hillary elected to know what would have happened had they been elected, we only need to look at the European countries that went extremely left for a preview of what we had in store for us. Yet those idiots are still trying and hoping to get one of them in next round.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    but we don't have to have had Bernie or Hillary elected to know what would have happened had they been elected, we only need to look at the European countries that went extremely left for a preview of what we had in store for us.

We don't need to look at European countries we already know how liberals/progressives will act as President.

Franklin D Roosevelt, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Lyndon Johnson, JFK and Jimmy Carter. All of them were moderate to progressive. All were reasonably popular with the voters and had high approval rating.

Believe it or not Hilary would have had far more experience on the international side as Secretary of State, as a two term Senator and an active first lady when Bill Clinton's administration created 21 million new jobs.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    but we don't have to have had Bernie or Hillary elected to know what would have happened had
    they been elected, we only need to look at the European countries that went extremely left for
    a preview of what we had in store for us.

I am traveling through Europe, right now in Paris. Things look pretty good here. I am not sure if that is what the writer means. In any event, I think Hillary would have been a very good president. Bernie was far to the left of me.

This is my opinion. To the point of the thread, I have never deleted a Facebook friend because he or she is pro-Trump. My son is pro-Trump. We have learned to work around our political differences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit