Uhuuu, Yep I am going to the meeting. Tonight...

by Vivamus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

BUT DID YA GET THE MAGAZINES????AND CAN WE SEE YOUR THESIS??

• gumby
    gumby

hey Viv,

A feeling of sadness overcame me. This, a new feeling to me. Not a personal sadness, but a sadness for these people,

Now that is progress!

When ex-dubs have been shunned by good friends such as you have.....it is human nature to adopt a disgust for individuals who shun us........you think to yourself...."just who the hell are YOU to treat me that way.....bite me a-hole!"!!!

After a period of time you begin to realise that they are only being loyal to what they REALLY believe, is the right thing to do. They are told that if they shun,.... the sinner MIGHT become ashamed, and long for the warm fellowship of the brothers and sisters, and return. They feel if they are too nice, then that formula will not work as it is not Jehovah's way, and so they play the role.

It's nice to hear you came away feeling good about yourself, and can still have compassion for those at the hall.

( I still think you should'a stuck out your tongue, and called em' all bastards!) Kiddin again.

Gumby

• Poztate
    Poztate
    They live in a shell, shut off from the world, like children. Never really living their life, never really knowing what joy, happiness, love and true friendship is.

Looking back in after we have gotten out and are set free makes us realize what shallow empty lives many of these people lead.A mindless treadmill of meetings,study,assemblies,service etc. etc etc. Always waiting for the END which keeps getting pushed back and back.They are giving their lives,their minds and their souls for an empty dream.

• morty
    morty

* wishing I was a fly on the wall*

keep us posted viv....cant wait for the outcome of this one.....

morty

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Yeru, no, I didn't get the mags I wanted. When the thought struck me "what the heck am I doing here anyway, this is not a place I want to be, there is no room in my life for this" I just got up. Impulsive as ever, when I was walking towards my car I was figuring out another way to get them.

It's not such a big deal, will figure something out... The access to the library tho... I am bummed cuz of that, but alas....

About my thesis, well, when it is finally done, I will probably translate it (if its any good) and the people who want to can read it. But that is a bit looking far into the future.....

Gumby, ya know, as I was sitting there, there were times when I felt my eyes tear up, cuz I wanted to laugh so bad just picturing myself to actually do that.

I must admit that I wasn't all that angry anymore, I had let go of of that some time ago, cuz I realized then, there where more important issues that could use my energy, then wasting that on being angry at a cult. But forgiving them...was out of the question. I guess I am getting to that point right now. I just feel ... sad for 'em.

Poz, "empty dream", beautiful said.

Morton, tsk, tsk, did ya read the replys, hon? It's all there.... LMAO.

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• greven
    greven

Hey Viv!

That feeling of sadness is very familiar! I never felt anger towards these people, just felt sorry for them that they were under a spell or delusion. I do however, feel some anger though towards the system and those in control of it...

About the mags, maybe we can arrange something, as I said I still get them trough my parents... mail me and we'll work something out. Library access is a bummer though. What were you interested in? I might have the material you want as I did read alot of the old books, taken notes and have the cd-rom so...

Greven

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((Dear Vivamus,))))

"I was not alone in the ?condemned? bench.."

The rightheous are segregated from the sinners in the Kingdom Halls!

Christian Love,

AAF

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    "A feeling of sadness overcame me. This, a new feeling to me. Not a personal sadness, but a sadness for these people, and all residues of anger I had faded away. They live in a shell, shut off from the world, like children. Never really living their life, never really knowing what joy, happiness, love and true friendship is.

And I realized something? I can actually forgive them. I can let all this behind me, and let it go. And I will."

That is beautiful Viv. Congratulations! j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit