top ten great things about 2034

by dustrabbit 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

10. you *really* can do more before '34...

9. so many words rhyme with "thrity-four": score, door, bore, floor....the poetry/slogan possbilities are endless....

8. the ozone hole will be so big by '34, everyone will have skin cancer and wear masks to breathe easier due to pollution, so Armeggedon will be a just another day in the park....

7. The governing body is hoping there will a cure for baldness by then...("hey, we need to enter the new kingdon in style, don'tcha think?")

6. Bush/Cheney in 2004, Jehovah/Jesus in '34....

5. Anyone who was once a youth who was insulted by the "Young People Ask..." book will have Alzheimer's by '34 & will have no recollection of stupid promises and bad advice about denying yourself good sex with yourself...("nothing like having a second 'first impression'...")

4. Terrorists might bring on Armegeddon for Jehovah and save him all the work of smiting a few Republicans....("Fight for your right to be a JW anarchist..and kill a Communist, aborted, baby seal for Jesus today!")

3. That whole speil in the 1970s about going to the elders and admitting you or your spouse did more than the missionary position will seem quaint and wholesome compared to the upcoming "big brother is watching you" campaign the elders will carry out on 'net-using brother and sisters.....

2. The Williams sisters will have retired from tennis and be engaged in the full-time pioneering schtick...(besides, would you really want to see them in tight, skimpy tennis outfits by the time 2034 rolled around?)

1. It would give Prince a second-chance to remilk his "1999" song...("party like it's 2034...get your a^^ on the floor, party like it's '34...)

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

*giggles* So True .. although ..

8. the ozone hole will be so big by '34, everyone will have skin cancer and wear masks to breather easier due to pollution, so Armeggedon will be a day in the park....

This is actually not true .. the ozone layer is actually repairing itself and has closed up somewhat So I imagine that by 34 it will be sealed or close to being sealed.

mnk3y

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

well, no. 8 was meant to be a parody of the JW doom and gloom style....maybe it didn't work...sigh, even david Letterman lays few bricks in his top ten lists....

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

...("party like it's 2034...get your a^^ on the floor, party like it's '34...)

Hahahaha!

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Here's a bonus reason...but only makes sense if you live in America (and maybe in Canada, too):

1. The GB will have the whole "Real Men of Genius" ad spot for "Religious zealots who can't predict anything right" locked up for the next 30+ years....

• shamus
    shamus

Excellent post!

It's like David Letterman with apostates!

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Another reason:

1. The GB is hoping China will have opened up to outside Christian evangical preaching work by then..and hey, we know 1.3 billion consumers can't be denied their chance to join the coolest religious cult this side of "Falun Gong"....

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

The Harlot riding on top of the scarlet beast can now properly be called...are you ready for this?....the Whore of '34!

• Panda
    Panda

Dustrabbit, You are way too good for us. I say you'll score before '34.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Panda:

I guess it depends on how I score and what I score...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit