Dis-fellowshipping

by unclejoe 17 Replies latest jw friends

• unclejoe
    unclejoe

I was disfellowshipped for exactly one year. I couldn't help thinking how controlling the Elders were. I lived with my parents just so they could talk to me. I just went through the motions so they would reinstate me. Once I was reinstated I stopped going. It has been about two years since my last meeting. Has anyone else ever been disfellowshipped?

• sens
    sens

((((unclejoe))))

heaps here have been df....

hi and welcome to the forum...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the board, unclejoe!! I am currently DF'd, and have no interest in ever going back. As a result I have lost contact with my parents and one of my grandparents, all of whom still believe "the end is near" and all that stuff.

You did it just right -- so that at least you can have a decent relationship with your own parents. I hope they don't "preach the kingdom" at you very much.

The elders can't help being controlling --- that's part of their job description. If they didn't exercise proper "control" they'd probably lose their position. The ultimate control freaks are those who run the whole show at the Brooklyn headquarters. They couldn't give a flip about how individual people feel -- as long as their membership numbers keep up and the contributions keep rolling in.

• shera
    shera

Hello and welcome.

D.A myself here...

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Hello unclejoe, yes, I was disfellowshipped and reinstated and disfellowshipped and reinstated and disfellowshiped again.......I won't be going back.....

Hello...and Welcome....

Lisa

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

Hi Unclejoe...I am df'd for about 4 years now. So glad to meet you. I agree that you did it the right way. At least you can still talk to your parents. I am totally shunned...they don't even ask my daughter (not baptized) how I am. My little bro just got married last weekend, daughter went, and cried because they did not even ask how I was or say anything like "I wish Deb was here" etc. At least you won't have things like that to deal with. Glad to have you here!

• laylaluv
    laylaluv

I have been HAPPILY DF'd since 1999!!! .......and proud of it!!!!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I was disfellowshipped over 23 years ago.

Many married couples, on their 25th wedding anniversary, renew their wedding vows. On the 25th anniversary of my disfellowshipping, I want to go before the local body of elders and present myself as "still unrepentant" and have myself re-disfellowshipped.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No -- I have never been disfellowshipped but I have disfellowshipped others -- either the strongest voice on a JC or as chairman -- I am truly sick about it now as I have said on other posts

• Sassy
    Sassy

stillajwexelder, you can't help the past. Maybe because you have been an elder and had to go through those things you can have even more empathy for people who are coming out of the life. I know you are a huge part of the support system at JWD and are appreciated here.

unclejoe, I am glad you can still talk to your parents too. Being apart from them is the hardest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit