Vomit alert!

by Tashawaa 25 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman
    I have the battle scars to prove it. As I mentioned before, I am the former wife of a physically and emotionally abusive elder. When I finally got the courage to go to the elders for help...at great physical harm to myself, the situation was so bad they said they would have to write the society. You know what the society said??? They advised the elders not to get involved in the situation since it is a personal matter between husband and wife!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovinlife, you're obviously living proof that the elders, and for that matter the Society, are not well-qualified to handle such matters.

I was an elder, and we were not "well-trained". We had the same WT and Awake articles that everyone else had, occasional letters that were put away in a file, and occasional "schools" that were long on droning boredom and short on practical ways to help people.

• rocketman
    rocketman

There were a couple of posts, by Blondie and Euph, that mentioned elders who actually did give advice to seek outside help. But we all know that such is not the norm, and in fact Blondie mentioned that her husband went against the wishes of other elders in such matters.

• SpunkyChick
  • Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I knew this would open a sore... sorry - that wasn't my intention. It just bothered me to see this "canned response" to an interested person. It makes me sad

Their experience is the "Watchtower & Awake" - but where is the counselling? Those mags always leave off with the all problems are going to be cured in the new order... after building up what a horrible world we live in. The thread over at BeliefNet is still going (on the debate board)...

Its the "double-think". Perhaps some Watchtower/Awake mag says that a battered wife should seek counselling - but I know from experience, a CO was visiting our hall and talking about marriage breakups. 'Cause all the worldly people leave for no good reason and this attitude was rubbing off on the Christian Congregation (). He gave an example of a JW married to a non-JW. He'd beat her after every meeting, and after the beating she'd rub his feet ... trying to "win" him over with her "Christian qualities". WTF?????? The poor woman!!!! The subtle message, of course, is to "endure" anything for the sake of the "truth". It makes me sick. All the JW wives who may be abused sitting in the audience that day got the message loud-and-clear. Stay with the b*st*rd.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

In our Kingdom Ministry Schools we were told that a lot of people in the organization are from disfunctional families,and that many we meet in the ministry likewise are disfunctional.

We were told that we are not professionals in any fields of mental assistance,financial assistance,emotional assistance,health assistence etc.

Only Spiritual assistance can be provided as we are "Well Trained" to assist all in our ministry Spiritually.By reading "PERTINENT SCRIPTURES" to them we will be directing them to that great physician in the sky who allows all this disfunctionality to exist in the first place.( we might tell them to read ,Why Does God Permit Suffering,over again.)

So,there you have it brothers,read them the" Bible - Based" literature provided by the slave and that's all.We don't go beyond the things written! ( not the Bible,the things written by the slave is what they mean.ie.Elders secret hand-book manual etc.)Btw.when reading them the 'Pertinent Scriptures'make sure it's the "NEW WORLD TRANSLATION",because it too is provided by the slave.

In conclusion,when all else fails to help be sure to tell them to "WAIT ON JEHOVAH".

Blueblades

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Well, what do you expect from an organization that adheres to the medieval teaching that the world's problems are caused by demons?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit