Images of Paradise: A move Away From Artwork?

by Stephanus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• jackal
    jackal

You can tell they've been made "perfect" because they can garden in khakis and white clothes without getting any dirt on them!

They originally tried to do the photo with a lion and a lamb, too, but things got ugly real fast.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

I like the priority which is always given in talks and literature: read the bible and study the watchtower.

• dmouse
    dmouse

er, what is that black man doing with his right hand? Putting on a condom?

Anyway, I think the downside to using photos is illustrated in the same article with this one:

The lad is a little stiff, it's more difficult to get a natural feel than with art work.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Ah, Paradise Erf! WTF are they doing with the flowers? Are they ripping them out of the ground and planting them elsewhere? Imagine the typical husband coming home from work in the Paradise:

Husband: Hi honey, I'm home!
    Wife: Oh, how was your day dear?
    Husband: Absolutely wonderful as usual. We relocated 24 dozen flowers today. We planted them where the need was great.
    Wife: That's wonderful! I made your favorite dish for supper; grass & parsley salad.
    Husband: You're such a wonderful food mixer. Let us pray to Jehovah.

The moral of this story is: All men will be fairies in the magical Paradise Erf.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Shamus, I'm busting my gut laughing at your divine copulation scenario!!

• Valis
    Valis

Nope...one quick look at their website and you'll find new versions of the same old crap..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

Oh, no, they're playing volleyball, a competitive game. Wait till the CO finds out.

What is a lion doing in a temperate zone?

Blondie

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* blondie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I noticed that too, BB. "Paradise soon" is the hint being deployed here.

Here is an article I wrote many years ago on the subject of Watchtower Paradise Artwork, still relevant, it appears (especially with the all-black and all-white couples shown in that photo):

http://jsefton.users1.50megs.com/paradise.htm

• heathen
    heathen

oHhhhhhhhhh jeeze can we think up some captions for the volley ball players . lol

"Isn't it wonderful to be here all day hitting this ball over the net and never keeping a score?" " I never thought paradise could be so good!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit