Images of Paradise: A move Away From Artwork?

by Stephanus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

In the October 15 Watchtower (the one Dmouse used the cover of for his competition...) there is an article on how to make decisions. This picture was part of it:

alt

Note the image on the right. It could be lifted from one of their twee little artworks representing paradise, complete with black and white non-mixed-race couples, however it's a photograph. Could this be a sign of things to come? With modern photo-manipulation software we could see "photos" of real Dubs in the Earthly Paradise. Nice thought, isn't it?!

• shamus
    shamus

You know, I just can't get over it.

The WTBTS keeps on posting the same old things. Happy people gardening. You know what my idea of paradise would be? To be on that earth without hypocrites and morons.

If the WTBTS would just get all those witnesses out of they're pictures, it would look pleasant enough. But when I see those self-rightcheous ppl depicted in photographs, it makes me sick. I am not saying that those persons are that way, but the vast majority of dubs are.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

It is easier to take photos and manipulate them instead of having an artist paint it again. Maybe they can't find any artists anymore?

btw. Did you notice the dress-code for gardening? At least you don't have to wear a tie, altough i knew a brother who did it

• Aztec
    Aztec

Shamus,

You know what my idea of paradise would be? To be on that earth without hypocrites and morons.

That just cracked me up for some reason!

If it wasn't for the dweeby clothes, I'd say they're using some hotties in their pictures!

~Aztec

• caspian
    caspian

Az

If it wasn't for the dweeby clothes, I'd say they're using some hotties in their pictures!

Not that hot................. not a Kool-Aid tongue in sight

Cas.

• Aztec
    Aztec

@ Cas!

~Az

• shamus
    shamus

I get a kick out of the guy just coming up from being dunked... the guy who's got ahold of him looks like he's in love with him...

It is actually quite a sickening picture, inthat the love that they have is sooo not there... yet they're pictures show this aura of "Love"....

I just cannot believe how people in the religion can get these magazines, look at the ppl in them, then look around at they're own congregations and have the same old lying rumours and slander going around... and wonder...

Omg, WAKE UP!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steph always gets us thinking! Well done, mate! You're a champ!

Ya know, those paradise pics raise plenty of questions, don't they? For example, why is it that they can produce a paradise earth now? Where's Jesus in their plan? Is he simply reduced to the role of zapping all the governments? The rest will be taken care of by the WTS?

I note too that the men workers haven't gotten out of their meeting clothes and the sisters are in skirts....of course!.....before embarking on this paradise creation!

Cheers, Ozzie

• blondie
    blondie

I always do my gardening in a skirt too. Jeans must be a sin too.

Notice there are never black/white married couples depicted. That must be a sin too.

Blondie

• rocketman
    rocketman

Blondie - I looked for that too; yep, the woman is gardening in a skirt, and the other has a nice blouse on. The women are always depicted like that, even during outdoor activity scenes.

No pants or shorts for women in God's New World, I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit