Signs that the last days really are here

by Half banana 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

not for the world but for the Watchtower cult.

What happens to organizations which are on the decline? What are the signs of impending doom?

Rapid reduction of expenditure is the first sign

Removing layers of command to strengthen the executive

Dismissing staff

Selling off assets to keep the cash flow going

Cancelling projects

Desperate optimisation of income sources

The JW org is not just a commercial organization, it is also an authoritarian religious cult so other signs apply as well:

Ramping up loyalty propaganda

Increasing threats for would be leavers

Warnings to ignore external criticism

Preparing the minds of members to interpret the changes as part of divine will

Development of a “bunker mentality” to hold on to the bitter end.

Does the JW org meet these criteria?

• zeb
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Regarding the Hitler video above, thats Tony Morris's reaction i reckon haha

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

50% curved fruit - I hope the WBT$ are dying in extreme pain very quickly. That's just my wishful thinking though. I can't comment on the vid as my device won't play it.

Development of a “bunker mentality” to hold on to the bitter end.

Development of a “bunker VIDEO” to hold on to the bitter end.

Kevin is the real hero here.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah I couldn't play the YouTube either Zeb but I did enjoy the one about the kittens swimming to the boat for help. Cute. 😀

• Half banana
    Half banana

@ Xanthippe Lol!

Thanks Zeb, Hitler's thousand year reign was just as illusory as the Watchtower's.

• LV101
    LV101

Half Banana - good points/thanks.

• steve2
    steve2

Half Banana, excellent observations. I think the organization will be around for decades to come - but it will be very much further downsized. But certainly its heyday of significant growth is over.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have to agree with Steve2. Jw will be around for some time yet. I suspect most of their physical assets will be gone. The religion will mainly be on line, streamed from the USA. Perhaps 2 - 3 million members world wide along with large assembly halls in main centers, that the faithful will get to if and when they can.

• LV101
    LV101

It seems to go on and on and on but the smaller more downsized the better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit