If you could meet anyone in History past......who?

by ScoobySnax 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Edgar Allen Poe

Jim Morrison

Mary Magdalene (was she really in love with Jesus?)

Lazarus (did he see a bright light at the end of a long tunnel?)

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

1. Walt Disney

2. Charles Schultz

3. Mr. Rogers

What can I say, i'm a big kid!

• shamus
    shamus

For sure Jim Morrison.

Also, Einstein.

• Simon
    Simon

Joan of Arc

She must have been charismatic or something to convince the King of France that she should be put in charge of the entire French army ... at 15 !

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

How about the entire history characters in one shot? Line them up and shake their hands one by one, like at the wedding!

Jesus of course.

Will Rogers "I never met a man I didn't like.'

The rest would be a flip of the coin.

Guest 77

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

For me, the list would be:

Constantine-I'd like to discourage him from making Christianity the official religion of the Empire. This ended up being a huge step backwards in terms of quality of life for almost everyone, and led directly into the Dark Ages. I understand some of Constantines reasons for this decision, but I think it was simply an expedient thing to do. There surely were other options which would not have had such negative consequences.

For example, Earth had been known to be spherical and to orbit the Sun for at least 600 years. After Christianity became the only accepted belief system, libraries throughout the Empire began to be systematically burned, and the official teaching became the 'scriptural' teaching that Earth was quadrangular (scripture refers to angels standing at the four corners of the Earth, and to a mountain so high that ALL kingdoms can be observed). One Christian, using the name 'Cosmas', wrote a book which was the only accepted view for more than 1000 years. To disagree with this, or any other teaching became punishable by death.

Disease became much more widespread because bathing came to be viewed as sinful, some church fathers writing that a Christian should be ashamed of their own naked bodies (a view which is surprisingly common even today).

Education came under suspicion, and many academies were closed, because a good Christian only needed to know what was told to them by their priest. (Does this sound like a WTBS teaching?).

gaiagirl

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Jesus and Friends

Moses

Julius Ceasar

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I'd also like to meet Jesus, but armed with a video cam to blow the whole scam.

As far as worthwhile people go, the Duke of Wellington and Sir Isaac Newton.

Expatbrit

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

1. Eleanor Roosevelt

2. Jesus

3. My Mother. Because I never told her thank you for loving and accepting me just the way I am.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

John Keats...then his poems would have been about me instead of stupid Fanny, and I certainly wouldn't have jilted him on his deathbed!

James Dean

Queen Elizabeth I

Shakespeare and Marlowe

Milton so I could kick him square in the nads for being such a jerk

Sappho

Oscar Wilde

William Blake

George Orwell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit