"When I Must Leave You"

by Blueblades 17 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Nice tribute Blueblades.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Blueblade, I am so sorry for your loss. No matter what age it just darn hurts. I just passed five years this past November 5 of Dad dieing. I guess that is why I am here tonight. My therapist explains that by doing things in my father's name that when the date comes I won't have panic attacks. During this week I do things in rememberance of him and it doesn't hurt so bad. Your words were very healing and a reminder of where I am headed. Thank you Blueblade for writing this. Cathy

• bebu
    bebu

(((((Blueblades)))))

I was going to ask where you found that--on the net or in a book?

An exceptional tribute to your dear brother.

And very moving...

bebu

• freein89
    freein89

Blue,

Sorry about your brother. My older brother is gone too, but only from this earth. He lives on in my heart. Perry I love you so much and I miss you. I wish I could have helped you but I was only a little girl. Even though I feel you in my heart I only wish I could hug you one more time.

I guess this turned into a letter to my brother, sorry it just sort of happened.

Deb

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I guess this turned into a letter to my brother, sorry it just sort of happened.

Hi Deb,

That's why this place is so great. No matter what we are going/have been through someone on this list will have had a similar if not the same experience. It's good to write it down - and to share if one feels the need - as this is a wonderful help in the healing process. As soon as I read blueblade's post I immediately thought of my late brother, Peter. Blueblade's tribute to his brother is an echo of our own feelings re our lost loved ones.

Love,

Ian

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

Blue....so sorry for your loss....that was beautifully written.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

This poem was written for my dad by someone at his retirement home, on the occasion of his funeral:

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there -- I did not die.

Hugs,

Nina

• bebu
    bebu

Nina,

Mary Frye wrote that poem back in 1932. It is a very beautiful poem. Just like you, when I read Blueblades poem, Frye's poem immediately came into my mind as well.

...There was an epitaph I read on a gravestone in Kentucky which I wonder was a poem used for gravestones frequently in the past. It went:

Shed not for them the bitter tear

Nor loan the heart to vain regret

Tis but the rubble that lies here

The gems within this sparkle yet.

(Brett M. Starke was the poet; I could quote it properly because it was on a webpage.)

I like Blueblades poem very much. It truly is a piece of his heart.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit