My turn to ask some questions

by Lady Lee 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ok I rarely ask questions but hey I might as well do this too. But to make life a lot easier for you I will put tham all in one thread

• When you first came here what did you expect?
    • What were you looking for?
    • Did you find it and if so how?
    • If you were looking for information how did you look for it -
      • ask a question?
      • wander through the threads?
      • use the search utility?
      • other?
    • Where there other places that helped you find what you were looking for? If so where?
    • How did you feel coming here at first?
    • How long did you read before signing up and posting?
    • What made you feel safe enough to post that first time?
    • If you came across some of the flaming on here, how did you feel and what convinced you to stay?

If you have been here for a while now

• How do you feel over-all about this website?
    • Do you still come here for the same reasons as you came in the beginning?
    • How has the board changed?
    • How does this affect you?
    • Have you thought of leaving? If yes then why stay? What keeps you coming back?

What do you see as the main goal for this board?

Don't feel like you have to answer them all. Pick the ones you want to answer

Thank you

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Lady Lee I came here because I used to come regularly by links from Randys site. One or two posts caught my eye so I became a member so I could contribute. As I was still a witness (and still am - just) and still had elder friends , I thought I could contribute meaningfully. As I have stayed I have contrubuted in other areas also -- even on some of the silly threads .. but I have met some great people on here -- I have no goals as such -- i.e. to be a Jedi or whatever is next -- and this site also helps me benefit from other peoples research -- links, book recommendations etc. So I will keep coming back -- I might have rests and not post for a couple of weeks -- let us just see.

Thanks to everybody on this board so far. Thanks Simon for a greta site.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

• When you first came here what did you expect? A source of support for those who had once been involved in the Jehovah's Witness religion.
    • What were you looking for? ditto
    • Did you find it and if so how? Yes, I find a lot of support here. Many friendly folks (and a few nutballs, too!)
      • ask a question? yes
      • wander through the threads? yes
      • use the esearch utility? yes
      • other? I primarily use the "active topics" feature
    • Where there other places that helped you find what you were looking for? If so where? There are a number of sites on the internet, as well as several forums and email lists that I avail myself of.
    • How did you feel coming here at first? It reminded me of the old H2O.
    • How long did you read before signing up and posting? Almost immediately.
    • What made you feel safe enough to post that first time? Nothing, really. I just post wherever I feel the desire to post. I know there are those who will disagree with my opinions, but I welcome the opportunity for intelligent discussion.
    • If you came across some of the flaming on here, how did you feel and what convinced you to stay? There are many here who are passionate about their opinions. If they are willing to maintain intelligent dialogue, I welcome healthy debate. However, childishness and insulting unreasonableness have no place here or in any public forum. That is what moderators are for. I stay because I know that I can always call on a moderator if a thread gets out of control.

• How do you feel over-all about this website? I enjoy participating here very much.
    • Do you still come here for the same reasons as you came in the beginning? Yes.
    • How has the board changed? The more people join and participate, the larger the diversity of opinion.
    • How does this affect you? I would say it doesn't. I have the free will to choose which threads to participate in, and which to avoid.
    • Have you thought of leaving? If yes then why stay? What keeps you coming back? I left once several years ago. I was personally invited back by one of the moderators (Rayzorblade) who made this board sound appealing. He was right!

What do you see as the main goal for this board? The goal of this board is for interaction by those who have in some way had their lives impacted by participation in the Jehovah's Witness religion.

• shotgun
    shotgun

• When you first came here what did you expect? All exjw's... I was surprised how many were still semi active
    • What were you looking for? Support..I felt alone in my doubts...which were no longer just doubts.
    • Did you find it and if so how? Tons of support and caring thoughful people...inciteful reasonings as well.
      • ask a question? Most of the time
      • wander through the threads? Usually just to understand the reason a poster feels a certain way.
      • use the search utility? Sometimes ..but I don't have alot of success with it.
      • other?
    • Where there other places that helped you find what you were looking for? If so where? Shawns website and freeminds were good along with quotes. Using the word search option with the WT cd-rom has been the most damning to my WT beliefs.
    • How did you feel coming here at first? Nervous
    • How long did you read before signing up and posting? 1st day...I like answers pronto so jumped in with both feet.
    • What made you feel safe enough to post that first time? It seemed pretty anonomous..I did go back and remove my birthdate from my personal info to better conceal my identity ..just in case.
    • If you came across some of the flaming on here, how did you feel and what convinced you to stay? I see it as sad but part of the painful experience of being controlled so completly for so long.....In the end I find most to be kind but still healing... the bleeding is a terrible part of the exit process.

• How do you feel over-all about this website? I can hardly go a day without logging on...It's like a million eyes watching the WT who usually are able to hide all the terrible scandals.
    • Do you still come here for the same reasons as you came in the beginning? Not so much for uncovering WT lies as manily now for support and to help others.
    • How has the board changed?
    • How does this affect you?
    • Have you thought of leaving? If yes then why stay? What keeps you coming back?

What do you see as the main goal for this board? To connect people all over the world for support purposes and also to help with the demise of the WT org through joint efforts. Even if that does not take place the letter campain for Vicki was a good example of the good which can be accomplished by total strangers working for what's right.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

interesting comments

anyone else?

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Lady Lee,

When I first came here early in 2001 I was looking for someone to discuss scriptural topics. I ran away quickly because I was still active and fear overcame me. Also the atmosphere seemed to be different then.

Today I'm here because I am now inactive and hope to find friends as well as to discuss those things which are important to me.

Sabrina

• Simon
    Simon

When I first posted here it was boring as hell and everything echoed ... then waiting and some others arrived and I've struggled to get a word in since. Only kidding waiting

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Simon blank pages are usually very boring.

Very glad you found a way for us to fill them up for you

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I came here due to the fact that Viv told me so much about this site and I wanted to be able to read and comment for myself.

I found it to be addictive, so I did stay.

I enjoy reading all the posts.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Lady Lee for your posts. To make a long story, I never knew of such sites. I saw an ad about JW's in the newspaper and I thought I would check it out.. At first, I landed at Randy's and then H20 and finally here. I guess I prefer to keep it that. My policy is take the good with the bad.

"No failure is ever final...nor is success." Great posts, I'm proud of you. Again

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit