Signs In The Heavens

by Sentinel 20 Replies latest social current

• Panda
    Panda

Does anyone remember the play " The Fantastiks " There is a line which goes something like this "the moon will turn red on my birthday." Pretty cool play. So seems red moons are nothing new.

As regards our universe and the goings-on I think doing some reading such as "Faster than the Speed of Light" written by an astrophysisist will shed some light (yeah I know but I'm not in top word form tonight) on celestial phenomae. Just like the Earth having cycles, so do stars.

Sentinel and Mr.Kim; Please don't take 2010: a space odyssey too seriously. Just don't watch it again ... Roy Scheider says "don't watch it again." Sentinel: I detect a bit of Arthur C Clarke rubbing off on you. Celestial events controlled by large black obleisks on planets which become supercharged ... send warnings through special events ... and alakzaam ... new sun, new planet ... Hey wait a minute Don't muslims walk around a large black obelisk at Mecca? But I digress.

• sens
    sens

well im not planning on running back to the kh

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hubby and I found a very nice place to drive in the country and we parked there on a dead end road on the top of a hill. We had an excellent view. We were there from 6:30PM until after eight. We both sat there and realized that in all the 20 years of being together, neither of us could ever remember watching a Lunar Eclipse,....not in the past 20 years nor anytime prior. Probably because we were busy living life to take notice; or perhaps the sky was cloudy. It happens often enough, and they say it will happen again next October.

It was a sight to behold, watching that beautiful bright globe slowly shade over and then cast it's red hue. I will always remember that we had this experience together. ... this event that has happened over and over again in a well organized universe...not by chance.

Panda, I try not to discount anything as a possibilty if it seems reasonable enough. I did not like Space Odyssey 2010, the movie. The reality may be just a bit more awesome though; and I am just a bit familiar with Mr. Clarke. I am very much my own person and I don't follow any type of "dogma" anymore, whether it be religion, philosophy, science, etc. I find it quite curious that most all of the things we enjoy in our lives now, were just a "far fetched notion" in someone's mind in the past? Someone's dream or vision that has become a reality?

Something to think about. What our minds cannot comprehend while awake, will surface in our dreams. What we do with the information is up to us.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yup, nothing like a blood red moon to get monkeys excited. I'm speaking generally, not anyone in particular.

SS

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

SS As usual, I do have an opinion, but I'm stayin away from the "monkey" subject on here. I'm still tryin to learn how to hang upside down by my tail.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sent

Heavenly phenomana have historically caused animal like reactions in humans, such as stampedes. Since more people nowadays understand celestial matters, reactions aren't as pronounced. However, recognising my own nature, i know that, had i seen the eclipse, i would have been impressed as well. It's wonderful that it was a moving, positive experience for you and yours. Given that some of us think that we have a dual nature, the secondary one being spiritual, we can see the natural world from that angle as well.

SS

• cat1759
    cat1759

Sentinel, Great Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved all your comments. It was a most perfect Lunar Eclipse Full Moon Taurus There will be a Solar Eclipse New Moon in Sag on November 23. Once we start to let go we actually see the omniscent beauty of everything. Congratulations! Cathy

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Cathy. It's really something, isn't it, when one finally does "get it" and little by little, comes across others who have like thoughts and appreciations about the beauty of the universe and spiritual things.

SS. You are so right about the moon affecting animals. WE are all affected. We may not understand totally or "feel" any different; but even as our borrometer goes up and down, the closest weather changes affect the human body. So it would be reasonable to believe that other 's affect us as well.

Actually many of the Werewolf stories, "blood on the moon" and dangers of staring at the moon were stories of long, long ago, when there was a geniene fear of things unknown. Still, today, they are incorporated into movies and books. {Oh NO!!! Is that some additional hair growing on my face and arms, and I did growl a bit the other evening at my hubby. Yikes!!

• gumby
    gumby

What is a sign from God? Anyone? Name a sign that we know is from him?

If god were using the celestial bodies to tell us something.......he's doing a very bad job with his "sign". So far......nobody can figure this "sign" out. What in the hell is the PURPOSE of a sign if all cannot read or understand it?

I suppose it's done in a translucent manner like the rest of the book it came from...........as clear as mud.

Gumby

• sens
    sens

sentinel...

I remember 3 sisters in our cong (and yer nutters at that)...who claimed that the moon stimulated their hair 2 grow...during the waxing moon or some such...so they would 'time' their haircuts...so they would last longer or some crap...lmao...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit