Signs In The Heavens

by Sentinel 20 Replies latest social current

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Remember the reference in the bible where it says the moon turned to blood? Well, it didn't really; it was just a Lunar Eclipse. We are about to experience it here tomorrow, Nov. 8th. There is usually a scientific explanation for many of these "signs". Here is some info on the subject:

"The totally eclipsed moon won't be totally dark--and that's what makes totality delightful. Earth's atmosphere bends sunlight into our planet's shadow and onto the moon. This sunlight is reddened as it travels a great distance through our dusty atmosphere, and so the moon looks red. Sunsets on Earth look red for the same reason."

From this very good site: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/default.htm

Just thought I'd pass this along.

For some reason, I wasn't able to insert what I wanted from the site.?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If the Holy Writ says the moon turned to blood, then by yiminee, it turned to blood.

Bloody Clot in the sky!

But that was a long time ago, which is lucky for the astronauts who landed there - landed on a gigantic scabby scar, they did.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I believe that it turned to blood, because a talking snake told me.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I don't know what to make of all the phenomenon we've had in the heavens of late. We really have had a lot of comets, solar and lunar eclipses. I wonder if there are stats on this like they have on the amount of earthquakes that have occurred during this past century.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

SimpleSally, I went back to the site, and if you go a bit further into it, you can locate the entire year's worth of activities, and also an archive area for past years. This might help you out a bit. You are so right. Lots of activity, .....and more to come.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/news_archive.htm

We can be certain that whatever is going on "out there", is going to have an affect on "us here". It is now being called Extreme Weather. It follows no real pattern, is difficult to predict, and changes radically.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Well, looks like the Great Tribby starts tomorrow!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Do you mean Rev. 6 12 ?

And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and a great earthquake occurred; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the entire moon became as blood, 13 and the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as when a fig tree shaken by a high wind casts its unripe figs. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll that is being rolled

This is part of a highly symbolic passage , and in no way refers to our literal moon . I used to know definately what it meant because the "Revelation book" told me that it refererred to "Bright shining liuminaries of Satans earthly system" being unable to shed any light as our entire globe shakes under a great tribulation.... (slightly summarised from p.110)

Who knows what John the Revelator was getting at? It sure as hell was not what the book said. But we need not debunk the Bible or confuse it with an ordinary eclipse

Or am I just missing the joke?

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

In all the oldest writings of the history and future of mankind, including the bible, especially Revelation, we are given so much in the form of visions and dreams. There seems to be no clear understanding. If I wrote down a dream that I had and said it was a vision about the future, who would believe me?

The earth is a part of the universe, and is like a wheel within a wheel. Everything in it proceeds as it is meant to. It has a beginning, and it will have an end. We tend to think everything written has to do with "us". It really has so little to do with the population that resides here, as we are merely hosts for the soul. We cannot possible know or comprehend the great plan, but I do have faith there is "something very loving" out there, that will take care of everything. Whatever happens, I realize that I have no control. I cannot change anything. But I do have this life right now, and so I will try to show love and compassion and look for the good.

We as humans, are not supposed to "know or understand" the universal secrets. Our "soul" may give us glimpses along the way, but we play only a small part. We only catch a portion of the bits and pieces, and for now, that is how it is supposed to be. Mankind is not ready. There are divine creatures who do know and understand, and still they must wait as well.

All we can do, is give our soul a good journey. Live our live fully and honestly, for in whatever situation we find ourselves, it is the experience of all that we live through, good and bad, that the soul will get out of us through this journey. We play only a small part in the grand plan. I realize this is difficult for some to understand, but it should not cause undue fear or a collapse of faith.

These "signs" are just a signal that someone is really in charge and some things need to happen. The earth is changing. The sun is changing. The planets are moving about in a little different way than for a very long time. These prophecies and visions are perhaps a soul that has given a man a unique "peek" into mankinds future at various times, through various mediums or avenues. How could we possible understand all of this? We must leave it up to the one in the universe who keeps everything going, be alert, and open to understanding and wisdom when the time comes. This will be most difficult for those trapped in religious dogma.

On the other hand, we are removed from that entrapment of dogma and the possibilities for enlightenment are mind-bogling.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Sentinel,

Your doing good and on the right track! GOOD POST!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Why thank you Mr. Kim. That was most kind of you to say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit