I am lucky to be alive

by happyout 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Happyout! I'm feeling your pain,I was just about to post my car crash this morning when I spotted your post.I called my wife in to read it with me,she was speechless concerning the remarkable coincidences.My car crash was similar to yours,I'm ok,no one else hurt,damage to the car,it is in collision repair now.I really thought it was curtains for me this morning at 9:30 am on the way to work.

Blueblades

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome back happyout

You are lucky to be alive. These things happen. Last year a similar accident happend to me; I was told I survived because the care was a Volvo. The wreck had to be flat bedded to be removed. That afternoon I bought the identical car.

I went home and hugged my wife and kids. You never know when your time is up, and this experience just makes us appreciate life and our loved ones more.

Frank

• Sassy
    Sassy

happyout, sorry to hear about your accident. Sure hope that new problems do not creap up on you. Accidents are so scary. Glad you are ok.

• happyout
    happyout

One of the after affects of my accident has been fear of driving. Even though I was completely not at fault (the semi hit me while changing lanes), I'm still freaked out about being on the freeway. I drive slower (and the rental car roller skate makes this easy), and I stay as far away from trucks as possible. Sometimes I actually just take streets, even though it takes much longer.

The car held up very well considering what it went through. The airbags did not delpoy, which is kind of a concern, but I didn't need them, so that's ok. I am just curious as to why they didn't because I hit the freeway railing twice with the front of the car. Shouldn't that have made them deploy? Again, I didn't need them, but am wondering what would have to happen to make them deploy.

I will probably get an SUV now, just for more safety. I think if I am in a bigger vehicle I will feel more secure, and be much easier to see.

Thanks for all the info on SP, those of you who have responded. I was able to contact her, and am happy to know she will remain my friend. I guess it would get me into trouble to talk about her getting deleted (even at her request), so I will just say I will continue to show her the love and support she deserves.

Still no word on TJ, does anyone have contact info for him? He and I were really getting to know one another so much better, and I don't want to lose contact with such an amazing man. If you know how to reach him, please drop me a PM.

Thanks, everyone drive very safely, and have a good night.

Happyout

• shamus
    shamus

As for teejay, I'll PM you a link to the other board. He is over there, and okay as far as I know.

I am so sorry about your accident! Holy crap! That is totally horrible! Being in the hospital is no fun either... did they have to use the jaws of life on you? OMG!

• happyout
    happyout

No jaws of life necessary, as a matter of fact, I walked away. It was the next day that I couldn't stand up, and had to go to the hospital. The highway patrol officer who helped me at the scene told me that would happen, it's what happened to him.

Life is so fragile, and so beyond our individual control. This has really been messing with my head. Why me, why was I spared and not others? I mean, I WAS HIT BY A SEMI TRUCK! There are people who have been side swiped by a passenger car, spun out of control, and died. Who weighs the scales of justice? Not that I'm a bad person or anything, and I'm so grateful to be here and ok, but I just don't get it. Maybe it's the drugs.

Happyout (wanting to thank something, just unsure what)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Glad your safe and not too banged up happyout; that is truly frightening. I hope you won't accept that your back cannot fully recover just yet.

As to why you're ok, in such a seemingly horrible accident, personally, I think you can chalk it up to coincidence (or the coincidence of physics), to do otherwise opens up such ugly questions about god that if they are answerable, I wouldn't even want to know. But some accidents are investigated thoroughly, and those professional investigators could probably look at your accident and tell you a few reasons for you coming out relatively unscathed... and it may not be just one or two factors, it may be a confluence of several factors. Heck, you may even have had a part in it yourself, something you did in response to the emergency may have been just the slight difference between you living and a less experience driver (or even less lucky driver, for that matter) dying.

• morty
    morty

Glad your on the road to getting better......sometimes it takes something like this to relise how much everyone and thing means to us....Great that your back on board......As far as your back pain goes,be very careful with your medication.....It can really be a dependent....Living with back pain is know fun.....I know too well about it.....take-care and get well soon....dont push it..( your back that is)

• nilfun
    nilfun

Here I was thinking that you were simply on sabbatical from the forum...I'm so sorry this happened to you.

I'm glad you are still among us, (((Happyout)))

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Happyout:

Sorry about the accident but glad you are alive and now able to post again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit