I am lucky to be alive

by happyout 31 Replies latest jw friends

• happyout
    happyout

Hi, all,

I don't know if anyone noticed since I'm not one of the premier posters, but I've been gone for several weeks. Unfortunately, the reason is I was in a very bad car accident. I can't give too many details, because I don't want to be identified, but my car was hit by a semi truck on a major freeway during rush hour. I hit other things as I spun out of control, but was fortunate enough to come away with nothing broken.I was out of commission for quite a while, in serious back and neck pain, but I'm back at work now. Still on drugs, although they don't seem to help much, and still in pain, but lucky to be alive.

It's this kind of experience that makes me wonder about God. My accident could have (and really should have) been so much worse, was there some force in place watching over me? Or was it just the "luck of the draw"? I am so grateful to whatever force protected me, but I don't really know if my "prayers" each night are being heard.

I missed the board a lot, and am wondering what happened to two of my best friends on the board. I tried to PM TJ and StinkyPantz, but it says they are deleted? Is that temporary? What happened, are they ok?

Just catching up, it will probably take me some time to get back into the swing of things. In the meantime, all of you go tell someone you love how much they mean to you.

Happyout (glad to be here)

• sens
    sens

((((((happyout)))))) omg I hope your ok!!

Stinkypantz and TJ are gone....

• jgnat
    jgnat

Man oh, man. Did you remember to light a candle to the airbag gods? I am glad you are in one piece.

Happy you are alive!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

((((HappyOut)))),

Wow, you are one very fortunate person. Sometimes I do think we have guardians that watch over us and intervene. But, who would know for sure. I believe, because I've had my own personal NDE. It changed my life.

Obviously you must be counting your blessings right now for sure. So glad that you have survived and will be able to live longer. Take good care of yourself. Rest a lot. Your recouperation time is very important! Glad you are able to get on here and post. Be careful of getting hooked on those pain-killers. It can happen even under doctor's supervision.

Sorry, I can't help you out about what happened to your other friends on here. Maybe if you email them "here" you can find out. I'm sure others will respond with more information.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Glad you're much better!

• blondie
    blondie

Hi happyout. Hope you are healing fine.

SP asked to be deleted but TJ's was not voluntary. I did not read the threads involved so I know nothing.

Welcome back.

Blondie

• shera
    shera

Glad your ok.****hugs****

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm glad you are still alive. Sounds like it will be a while before you have fully recovered.

• happyout
    happyout

Thank you for the good wishes, I appreciate them. I am better than before, but my doctors tell me basically to accept that when you injure your back, it never fully recovers. I can't pick up my son, or anything slightly heavy, so I have to get used to asking people for help. I hate doing it, but I picked up a box a few days ago that I didn't think was that heavy, and ended up in bed on Vicadin.

Sentinel - can you tell me how to e-mail TJ and SP "here"? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again, everyone, for the well wishes.

Happyout

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome back! Yes, you WERE missed, and I'm glad that you are still among the living, both in real life and on the board. I'm so sorry about your back pain -- sometimes that can be really hard to get rid of but keep up with your doctors and talk to everyone about solutions. Chiropractors work for me, but not for everyone, so find something that's good for you.

Love,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit