Which way do you perfer to decorate for the holidays?

by morty 14 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

Well Christams is coming and I love this time of the year.....Since I started having Christmas,I always have a theme....This year I am going to to Gold & White tree.....I went to our local Dollar store and got some ausome stuff...The tree, real of course with white lights and gold musical insterments all over it....My house will also be decorated in gold and white candles....I also got gold stockings for us to hang over the fire place....I am going to use glitter on them to put our names on them....Anymore suggestions? And what have you done in the past for decorating?

morts

• sens
    sens

this is the first one since i was about 10...so not sure yet...although im making tux & smurf xmas cards atm...the smurfs are for my mortal enemy's at the hall...shame the only smurf in santa gear pic i could find is also smoking crack...ar well

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

sens,

but wouldn't they be doubley offended by a smurf smoking crack?? just wondering.....

melissa

• sens
    sens

well good point monkey...lol ... :D

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

i like to put up little twinkely lights and sit with a cup of cocoa and look at 'em and wonder what's so evil about twinkling lights..... hmmmmmm

• Mulan
    Mulan
    i like to put up little twinkely lights and sit with a cup of cocoa and look at 'em and wonder what's so evil about twinkling lights

good one.................Ornament

• franklin J
    franklin J

we always have a big real tree, with lites and decorations, mostly red and gilt. The house and property is decorated with garlands and red bows, we usually have a 6 foot wreath to hang on the house---lots of fun for the kids.

• Mulan
    Mulan

This will be our first year with a big tree. I've been collecting ornaments for two years. Most have special meaning to us, so I am anxious to get them up. We buy one or two when we travel, as a memento of our trips, and I made some two years ago, putting glitter glue on plain ornaments, with the names of everyone in the family. I am not great artist, for sure, but they look pretty. Christmas Tree 6

I bought two special ornaments recently, from the Susan G. Komen foundation. They are gorgeous, clear globes, with a suspended pink ribbon inside, to remember breast cancer victims. I gave one to Princess for her birthday yesterday. A remembrance of our cousin, Sharon, who died of this horrible disease, two years ago.

Two years ago, we had a tiny tree, with earring sized ornaments. I still have all of those ornaments too, so may have to get a teensy table tree to use those on. I am pretty sure we will get "busted" this year for our decorations, but ................oh well. Tired of pretending and playing games like cat and mouse when they come to visit my mother.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Mulan,

That's the predicament we're in. I have a table top (non alive) tree - bought last year.......that my husband just looked at like "why in the world would you......................" and I had a ball decorating it.

The ornaments you bought sound terrific - you're a good friend.

I talked *briefly* about buying a real tree this year and he just said "no." So.........patience. I found the candles they have out are really good - and my husband rarely bucks me, so I'm just going to show patience and a sense of humor. I'll get that sucker yet (tree and husband's agreement) - perhaps next year.

I like ornaments all different colors, all sizes, and shapes. The plainer leftovers go in a big glass hurricane candle cover- really pretty. I put an old log cabin design quilt over my desk, resting on the floor, then the tree, then cover the bottom of the tree with dark chenille throw & then gold filmy stuff around bottom of tree. Incredibly enough, it looked good - and the quilt to the floor gives the impression the whole thingie is floor-to-ceiling. Looks can be soooooooooo deceiving.

Merry Christmas y'all!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Since I am still "in" but married to what we otherwise know to be an evil, wicked woman that is part of Christendom (Catholic), we have it worked out that we hang some "generic" decorations from out house all year long. We just turn the spotlights on during the holiday season.

If anyone makes a comment, I simply reply that they are for decoration and on the house all year round (which they are, just not lit up).

No decorations in the living room, but only in the family room/den. Even if someone comes in and uses the bathroom, the front of the home is, to borrow the expression, "beyond reproach." <grin>

***** Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit