Which way do you perfer to decorate for the holidays?

by morty 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

me and my mom have a tradition, we do the tree with the same things every year and we both have our own decorations that we put up every year. Christmas Tree 6

~*!ChimChim-Waffle-Tush!*~

• Mulan
    Mulan

I read about a neat idea last year and searched high and low for the right balls, and finally found the right size after Christmas. In the meantime, I used larger ones. You take a clear glass bowl (I used a crystal bowl I have), put a pillar candle in the middle and surround it with small, clear, ball ornaments. When you light the candle, it just bounces off all the balls and is gorgeous.

This year I bought some Partylite items that I am looking forward to setting out. One is a Gingerbread house, with candle inside, and two Gingerbread boys, with candles, alongside. That has special meaning to me, because for several years now, I have made Gingerbread boys and girls, and two of my grandkids come over for a few hours and we decorate them with frostings and candies, and get them ready to hang on their tree. This year, I will save some for us too.

• morty
    morty

Mulan,

I did the same thing with the bulbs last year...I got gold bulbs,used a glue gun to put our names on them,then put little tiny acorns and green stuff around the top....On the back of them I put the year as well.....For those of you trying to still get away from decorating in fear of dubs or jw family dropping bye, and you would like to do it still,I use to decorate my basement or somewhere that company never really went in my house....It would be terriable for thoses who have to hid it still....When my nana drops bye, she will start to tell me on how it is wrong to celebrate Christs birthday and bla,bla, bla,bla,bla,......I always let her finish because I love her very much but, I then tell her,"Nana I am not having a birthday party, I am having Christams"....Dismay

• alamb
    alamb

We go all out! I have three wonderful porches and a porchswing I put a swag and lights on. I have twinkling lights on the eaves and a wreath from a red velvet ribbon on every window with candles on the sills. I put a formal tree in the parlor and a kiddy tree in the family room with colored lights for them. We are restoring a home built in 1869 which has been put on the historical list and it has lots of character...and drafts. We missed so much but I intend to make up for lost time.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

We live in a trailer, so space is at a premium. In the past I've put up half an artificial tree and decked it with slightly eccentric ornaments (frog prince, real seashells, vaguely testicular-looking strawberry/hearts - very pretty, actually) and more conventional stuff.

But in order to put up the tree, we have to take down my husband's keyboards. This year I don't want to choose between Christmas decor and live music, so my husband has promised me pine and/or holly branches affixed to the wall mouldings, for me to hang the ornaments from.

(Once I stuffed a few of the surplus branches into the mail slot and decked them out -- they were visible from the outside and I told everyone our tree was trying to escape.)

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit