Your Favorite Plays on Words

by compound complex 38 Replies latest social entertainment

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

"Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Shun Former Members of Their Religion?

Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned."

from https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

• jp1692
    jp1692

Dangling, or misplaced modifiers, often result in humorous, unintentional misstatements. Here's a classic, albeit deliberate, example from the inimitable Groucho Marx:

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know." - Groucho Marx

• sir82
    sir82

"So why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here!"

LOL.

I dunno, somehow I like this one better than the one that makes sense, "Make like a tree and leave".

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Thought of another one...Native American...so a native is a person who comes from that particular country...so Native American is redundant...This is America & the Indians were here first...so they are just Natives or Indians. Why must people who come to America be named so & so American...if you are from the Caribbean how can you be called an African American...you ain't from Africa...I'm just saying...

Tor

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"Don't get saucy with me Bernaise."

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Compound - you got my fav!

• stillin
    stillin

A flea and a fly were stuck in a flu.

Said the flea to the fly, "what shall we do?"

Said the fly, "let us flee!"

Said the flea, "let us fly!"

So they flew through a flaw in the flu.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

stuillin takes the cake soiree

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I bought a set of drums but didn't get any drumsticks. Of course I bolted them together because as you know, "If you can't beat'em, join em."

• zeb
    zeb

Groucho Marx again.

"I was away in the south pacific and took lots of photos of the native girls but they are not developed yet."

(from a Marx Bros movie.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit