Cheating

by sandy 29 Replies latest social relationships

• sandy
    sandy

Would you tell your ex-boyfriend you cheated on him? I was with my ex for 4 years. We broke up four months ago. I cheated on him about a year ago. It happened one time and I vowed not to tell him ever. It was with someone I got to know for some period of time. My ex and I were talking about breaking up back then. It was an emotional thing I had with this guy and I let it turn into sex.

I believe now that I was being more selfish by not telling him. I felt guilty but that didn't force me to tell him. I justified to myself that it was only one and it would just hurt him and cause more harm than good.

Do any of you think I should tell him now? I must admit I still have hopes that we will one day get back together. I am afraid if I tell him though that will kill any chance at all. And then on the other hand I think that might be the best thing to do for both of us..... Kill all hope.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks eveyone.

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

Some things are best kept a secret!!!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Never, never, never, never rat on yourself. It's unconstitutional! Don't do it! Learn to behave, or be bad! Make up your mind. Maverick

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I wouldn't say a thing as I can't think of any good it would do.

You probably feel bad about it. Knowing would probably make him feel bad. After awhile a failed relationship doesn't hurt as much, why give him any renewed pain? Just let it go.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

sandy,

by telling your boyfriend you will accomplish what? relief from your guilt?

by telling your boyfiend you will hurt him, loose some of his trust, possibly loose him completely. is it worth it?

by not telling him, you and you alone will have to live with the pain of your guilt. let it be a constant reminder of what you will never let happen again.

also remember, we are only human, we make mistakes, learn from them and move on.

I know you will make the best decision for you.

Lisa

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Do any of you think I should tell him now?

Since it's over now, neither you nor he owe anything to the other - you don't owe him an explanation re something that happened in a previous relationship, and he doesn't owe you absolution. Anyway, telling him now would be just to really "twist the knife" after the initial "stabbing" (the breakup). Just let it go.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac
    I agree with Staphanus. It would just be hurtful.
  • czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

It'd make you feel better. Make him feel like poop.

Ignorance is bliss.

CZAR

• talesin
    talesin

I gotta say - why did you cheat? Are you unsatisfied or unhappy with the relationship?

Don't cheat him more by sticking around when you are unsatisfied - there's got to be something wrong in the relationship if you went elsewhere - just saying what no one else had the guts to say.

love

tal

not to say that I'm advocating telling him - just make up YOUR mind (LOL)

• Panda
    Panda

sandy, If he is your x-BF why would you want to hurt him this way? It would be a sort of in your face comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit