Disassociation and Ray Franz

by greatteacher 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

Does anyone think that the rule which states that "associating with a disassociated person is a disfellowshipping offense" was created to disfellowship Ray Franz? The reason I ask this is because I noticed that the Watchtower published many articles with that rule at the same time period Franz left Bethal, but published nothing about it before around 1981.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Personally, I doubt it was just for Franz. The WTS was essentially on a witch hunt at the time, and guilt by association is one of the prime tactics of witch hunts.

They may very well have had him in mind as one of their targets, however; who knows?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I reckon Franz was a factor but all part of the control and fear factor - so Franz was no the only reason --but a big one

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

You're right, not just for Ray Franz, but I guess my question is this, When was the policy created to disfellowship for association with disassociated ones?

• AlanF
    AlanF

I can't remember who told me this, but it was someone who questioned a GB member about it: disassociation was created specifically to boot out Ray Franz. Apparently the Legal Dept. couldn't figure out how to disfellowship him for a real cause.

The sad thing is that they booted out Franz, but let the child molesting GB member Leo Greenlees off with a slap on the wrist, but made him a special pioneer.

AlanF

• blondie
    blondie

I think it was interesting that when Ray Franz had dinner with this man it was not a DF'ing offense. It was subsequently made one and he was DF'd for that past action.

It would be as if you had an organ transplant in 1966 when it was not a DF'ing offense and were DF'd in 1967 when it was made DF'ing offense.

Blondie

• greatteacher
  • AlanF
    AlanF

Actually, Blondie, it would be more accurate to say that Franz was DA'd for not agreeing to refrain from associating with Peter Gregerson in the future. That's ridiculous, of course, but then, the entire JW DF'ing business is a ridiculous abomination. Of course, we know very well that if the Society didn't use that excuse, they would have found another.

AlanF

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

but let the child molesting GB member Leo Greenlees off with a slap on the wrist, but made him a special pioneer. Wasn't Ewart Chitty into that also?

• AlanF
    AlanF

No, Chitty was apparently into young, adult men.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit