Apple Computers

by toddy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

LOL

I love these Mac vs Windows (vs Linux) threads!!

I use both Mac OS X and Windows XP.

I primarily use the Mac for music production. It's basically the hub of my studio. I have no problems with it. It's quite a powerful system. But I didn't really have a choice in the matter as the music production software I use ( Emagic Logic) only runs on Mac. So I was forced into using the Mac. Downsides of the mac is the price, moving around the desktop and finding files is not as quick as windows desktop and start bar.

Jwbot point is right and very valid. If you just want to use graphic design apps. Then I say get Windows XP pro. Very stable, cheaper to get a good PC, and quality is just as good as the Mac.

To be honost, their is alot of hype around Macs. They aren't really faster than Windows PC's. Personally I find working on a PC quicker than working on Macs. It all depends on how you like to work. Choose the one that fits your workflow.

BTW don't listen to sens or bubba... linux is for geeks :D

Cheers

DK

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

OSX is pretty cool. I own both (I have a legacy Windows app that won't be created for OSX :(

My next machine will be a 12" Powerbook. I have a 12" iBook now and I love it (better than my Sony Vaio laptop and my tower PC)

• sens
    sens

your only jealous DK...because you are yet to reach our level :P *doc...jwbot...blaid...and other nerds here...just ignore him...he has a complex*:P

• Mac
    Mac

My observation has been....everybody loves a mac.........mac :)

• smack
    smack

This is my Mac, doin what it's designed for

Steve

• sens
    sens

lmfao !!!!!!!!!!! classic !!! smack...thats sooooooooooo wicked~~!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit