Apple Computers

by toddy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

I have a mac -------- using OSX and for this site and many others, you just cannot use it as simply. It does not interface with this site for all the emoticons, embedding a web page or an url. You can't upload a picture either. I have to do all that with my PC at work. For chat, you have to use the Mozilla browzer, and Explorer browser, well they won't update it anymore, IE 5 is it.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I am a web developer, graphics designer and a new media major. I have a PC. I work on both though, and graphics-wise, they are the same.
    Ask yourself:
    Do you play games? Get a PC - more games made for windows
    Do you ever want to upgrade? Get PC - easier and cheaper to upgrade
    Do you hate the "man"? Get a mac, you will feel all ethical and self rightous for sticking it to ole bill gates - more open to open code, etc. Safari sucks balls though.
    Do you want a stable OS? - either one sucks-both freeze the same amount (although I have the corperate edition of windows XP and never has it frozen, not once)
    Do you care about the look of your computer in terms of imediate gratification? - Get a mac, but PC's can be modded to look way cool, some work required though :)

Hope this helps. The whole "the graphics are better" argument does not hold up in 2003, trust me, I do this stuff. I have all the latest and greatest programs, it is my job and it is my major.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Do you hate the "man"?

You can also show your hatred for MS by using Linux on a PC.

Do you want a stable OS?

Mac OS X is the first version worth anything... it's rock solid. Windows 2000/XP are also very good and rock solid. BTW, the corp version of XP is no different from "regular" XP .... it simply doesn't have product activation.

Good comments...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...and I understand, Doc, that MacOS X is based on UNIX...

• smack
    smack

I worked at Optus in Aus in 1999, Apples didn't have Y2K problem????? all of the bloody work Apples had a little sticker put on em, saying they had been modded to make em Y2K compliant. Lying pricks

Steve

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Nathan:

Yes, Mac OS X has a Unix (BSD) core... very cool.

smack:

Sigh....we had a die hard Mac advocate in our IT department for a while. Around Y2K he kept spewing the same old rumors about how the Mac was invulnerable to the Y2K problem. He posted an article on our IT web site about it and I "encouraged" him take it off.

• berten
    berten

Some arguments against Apple computers:

-They are overpriced.

-The "architecture" is not made available to other manufacturers,so your stuck

with Apple forever,and they can ask what they want for their products since there is no competition.

-The "look" of their machines is horrible,I mean:one of their laptops looked very much like a toiletseat... :-)

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

mac's rule!!!! sens has 2 with unix os, but she's too embarrassed to tell anyone.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

pd: behave plz!

Don't go dragging sens' good name into the gutter!

• sens
    sens
    mac's rule!!!! sens has 2 with unix os, but she's too embarrassed to tell anyone.

I BEG YOURS???!!!!??????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit