Refuting the whole WT Org in one question...

by Confucious 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

God takes a people for His name. They are a seperate, holy, chosen group. Since God chooses them, He knows what He's doing and He allows many things to happen that our imperfect brains may not fully comprehend.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Minumus --

"""" GAGGING """"

Nevermind.

Susan

• Panda
    Panda

Who was chosen after the Jews? How do you know who is chosen? Does god talk to you or anyone you know? So since you have no way to fact-check why do you acept what some people tell you?

Minimus --- keep it up you little toot, you sound just like the pioneer school!

• Farkel
    Farkel

confucious,

It's not logical at all the way you've presented it, and I'll show you why.

: The question is this...

: "Does the WT Org. get special revelations from God today."

: If they answer "Yes," then they are going against the Bible which says that all Scripture is complete.

This is a false dilemma. You a presenting a case where you say there is only one alternative, when in fact, there may be more. The scriptures do say all scripture is complete and beneficial for teaching, reproving, blah, blah, blah, but that doesn't say God cannot come along and help folks along. That verse doesn't say that the completeness of the scriptures precludes God doing something extra-scriptural from time-to-time. I'm not saying God did or does, mind you, but your use of that verse does NOT preclude intervention from God, whether it be some spectacular miracle or just every-day inspiration. You know, the kind that happens all the time in a certain Brooklyn printing Corporation. Or when the fat loser wins the $45,000,000 lottery. God works in weird ways.

: If the say "No," then we can say, "Then why do you say we should follow you."

They will never say "no," so there is no need to deal with this part of your comments. The WTS spends a major part of their print specially reserved so the peoples can de-facto worship THEM by telling the peoples just how SPECIAL the WTS leaders are.

:Does anyone have something that can break down this logic???

Not much to break down. It was broken from the get-go.

Thank you for sharing, though. Try something a little more honed and focused next time. You can do it! I know you can! I'm rooting for you. You've already shown ability to think a little bit out of the box, now KILL the box and think WAY outside of it!

I'm now your cheerleader and mentor. (Get used to it!) :)

Farkel

• Satanus
    Satanus

I doubt they would answer yes or no. They might reply that god directs the gb's attention to different facets of what is already written. Would that be a special revelation? If it 'revealed' something about that silly book, such as a new meaning, or whatever, then that would still qualify as a yes, i suppose.

SS

• minimus
    minimus

God used the Jews to produce Jesus Christ and Christ formed Christianity on Pentecost. The Bible tells me so. The Christian congregation was formed first thru anointed joint heirs of Christ and then the way was opened for the "nations" to come in to his "undeserved kindness". Since God used His people from the Jews that accepted his law to the Christians who were now his new people, He took out a "people for his name", namely, obviously, scripturally, Jehovah's Witnesses. And today He is using them until the end of this wicked system of things when God will destroy all the worldly people.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Better ask them this:

Is Jee Hoovah all powerful and can do anything?

(Let Householder answer)

Then ask "Can he make a rock so big that he can't move it?"

Stand back as their heads explode, and pray the pieces won't fall on YOU!

The Pope (who's a bit pi$$ed after imbibing at Melbourne Cup party)

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    This is a false dilemma. You a presenting a case where you say there is only one alternative, when in fact, there may be more. The scriptures do say all scripture is complete and beneficial for teaching, reproving, blah, blah, blah, but that doesn't say God cannot come along and help folks along. That verse doesn't say that the completeness of the scriptures precludes God doing something extra-scriptural from time-to-time. I'm not saying God did or does, mind you, but your use of that verse does NOT preclude intervention from God, whether it be some spectacular miracle or just every-day inspiration. You know, the kind that happens all the time in a certain Brooklyn printing Corporation. Or when the fat loser wins the $45,000,000 lottery. God works in weird ways.

: If the say "No," then we can say, "Then why do you say we should follow you."

Even the JWs admit that the Bible provides guidelines by which people should live. So depending on your persective, Confucious is right. After all, if the Bible provides guidelines which can help anybody answer any problem, then why follow some society?

However, I see where you're coming from. It wouldn't make sense for God to produce the Bible and then go on vacation. Heh, it's like God decided to hit the links while us dumb humans are scrambling around trying to piece things together.

Also, the WTS does enforce the "fact" that the average person is "too dumb" to figure out the Bible for him/herself, and thus needs the Witchtower Bible Trick Society Faithful and Discreet slave to interpret it for him/her.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

They say,the 'Spirit' guides them. If the Spirit is windlike, then, in what direction is the wind blowing these days?

Guest 77

• Panda
    Panda

Minimus of the Pioneer School Kind, Keep it comin' you've got us all thinkin'.

Confucius, This is an excellent thread. The kind of thing that gets the brain fluid pumpin'.

Panda Loves Smart xJW's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit