Refuting the whole WT Org in one question...

by Confucious 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Confucious
    Confucious

I'm testing my hypothosis here...

The question is this...

"Does the WT Org. get special revelations from God today."

If they answer "Yes," then they are going against the Bible which says that all Scripture is complete.

If the say "No," then we can say, "Then why do you say we should follow you."

Does anyone have something that can break down this logic???

Confucious

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think that's a good question.

I'll be interested in seeing what others think the WTS might answer.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I guess they'll probably answer that they receive "guidance", not "revelations." Or that "they're being used by God." They have all kinds of weasel words prepared for this question.

• minimus
    minimus

God, through his spirit chooses to reveal His will to his people. The revealing of his will comes by means of the faithful and discreet slave class, made up of imperfect spirit-begotten ones.

• metatron
    metatron

Does the organization make mistakes?

If yes, why listen to them?

If no, then you claim they're perfect, flawless?

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

God has always used imperfect people to reveal His word.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OOOOH, Minimus. I don't know what I would do if I faced YOU at my door. How about this:

At what point does minor imperfection become Serious Error, and one should reflect on why we are following imperfect men?

For example, King Saul was chosen by Jehovah, but at some point Serious Error removed him from the running. How do we know when we are following a King Saul instead of a King David?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Not spirit-inspired, but spirit-directed, is the lame answer, and the basic party line. A distinction without a difference.

• minimus
    minimus

Even when HUNDREDS of years went by under bad kings and leaders, God's people had to wait and not run ahead of Jehovah's arrangement. Would an Israelite seeing badness practiced by the leaders leave the arrangement put into place by God? Would the early Christians leave when trouble-makers or opposers within the congregation created major issues? No. They waited on Jehovah, patiently.

• Panda
    Panda

First, some of the early Christians did try not to get noticed, while others were the opposite. They considered Jesus Martyred as the true death of Christian believers. So was that the message Jesus wanted them to spread? And the early Christians did indeed split up because of doctrine and personality. The Peter and Mary trouble. The Andrew and Paul trouble. The Coptic Christians, the Nicene Christians, the Athanasian Christians, the Greek Christians. All early and all split because the others were not pure enough.

In the OT the Jews were a nation, a nationality, not just a religion. It wasn't always feasible to pick up and move from one Kingdom to another. You'd be leaving your entire support group of extended family, unless you got everyone to leave, like Jacob. As with any tribal group, your life often depended on staying within the tribe. So the Jews weren't so patient as practical. Afterall, those crazy monarchs had nothing to do with the Average Joe. Life was difficult. Children died, parents died, and the remaining relatives would take over the care of widows and orphans (a law not original to the Jews)Paying taxes was always a burden --- good king or bad.

When some Jews saw a beaten "brother" they refused to render aid. Why? Because Jehovah may have allowed the situation to occur and they would not mess with Jehovah's way of dealing with this guy. But the good Samaritan (distant cousin to the Jews) saw the need and immediately (w/o consulting his Ummmim and thummin) rendered aid. So according to the Jews the Samaritan was undoing what god had done. The Samaritan had not waited on Jehovah YET Jesus claimed the Samaritan did the right thing. So was the Samaritan a good person?

Israelites seeing badness in kings and priests would do the same thing Babylonians or Egyptians would do if they saw badness in their kings and priests . Not much. Why? Because those peoples lives were so completely separate. The poor follow the rules because the must they are poor and they think "obviously the rich and powerful are blessed", the merchant class because the want to maintain their position and the wealthy find that causing fear by use of money and power is useful. IF Jehovah had been a god for all the people he surely would never have created an upper class of priests and temple attendents, while others starved. But when we consider him a war god it makes perfect sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit