Everlasting life on a Paradise earth..myth or reality?

by shotgun 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Panda
    Panda

Czar, Will you call your religion "The Circle of Life" and will you use Elton John's song as a draw for disciples?

• Enishi
    Enishi
    A life, or a soul, begins as a small creature, perhaps a bacteria, and over the course of thousands of reincarnations, depending on its course in each life, gradually grows into a soul that can fill a human body - and then when a human dies, the soul is reincarnated as an angelic body, provided of course that it has built up enough positive karma to power the growth cycle.

Ditto. I no longer like the idea of remaining a human for all time. Life is about growth and progression, about always looking on toward greater heights.

• Panda
    Panda

Flowerpetal, Very good points. The beauty of science is that our understanding of the universe and all things in it has been limited to our scientific ability to study. For example: Where were single cells before they were discovered" through the microscope? They were there but we were unable to see them. So it took the invention of a scientific instrument. However, and this is important the microscope was not developed to study microbes, only to see details on leaves etc. The single cell organisms and their asexual reproduction led to more ideas.

So things like the PTE have empty unnamed spaces because science has enabled scientists to predict that certain elements are in existence, but we just haven't seen them, yet.

Another idea is that without the studies of Newton to build on and learn from, Einstein would not have understood the theory of relativity. So who do we call the father of physics? Newton or Einstein? This is what is called a paradigm shift. So we know the elements have always existed in the universe. And we understand somewhat of the ideas of quantum gravity. Which is built on the study of quantum mechanics and physics. The beauty of physics is that scientific study continue to build on this so we will understand more about the universe. 30 yrs ago we hadn't seen past our own solar system. Now we see galaxy effects on one another, we can surmise the location of "dark energy", we've seen nebulae --- AND now we know that the speed of light has not remained constant since the big bang. It's all about puntuated equilibria --- varied rates of change. If we had stuck with the original theories of thermodynamics we'd be expecting a very homogenous universe in the future... phew ... thank goodness for paradigm shifts and physicists unafraid to pose a new theorem.

• Panda
    Panda

Enishi, Czar is yanking your chain...

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

You wrote>>>

First, Egypt was a Devil-ruled pagan country, not a place for divine revelation; second, God does not accomplish his work through the type of slave labor that built the pyramids; third, Christians are told that they must live by faith, not by sight; and fourth, if the Christian congregation was to be taught by the measurements of this ancient pile of stone either Jesus or some of the apostles would have said something about it; and they did not. A briefer account of this is found in the , issue of The Watchtower.

I write>>> It has been porven that the people who built the pyramids did so as a life long work it was there trade they were not slaves no more than a federal worker could be looked upon as a slave. They had many provisions for their labors.

• sens
    sens
    I'm starting my own religion.

lmao czar can I join?

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    So we know the elements have always existed in the universe.

Panda,

But who made the elements? They didn't just appear--even they had to have a beginning. Otherwise I agree with all that you said.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi singingman

My post with the quote from the 1957 WT which referenced the 1928 WT were not my thoughts. I used it it to show the WT had taught that the Great pyramid was an instrument used by God, they taught this right up until 1928 and then changed their stance overnight to say that they were instead demon inspired and it was unacceptable to give any credit to the pyramids or the Egyptians for biblical understanding.

I like the quote from the 1957 WT because it does use sound reasoning in stating if the Pyramids had been important in some way Jesus and his Apostles would have mentioned them in their teachings. The problem with that sound line of reasoning is that it should be applied to all teachings which would prove the WT doctrines to be commands of men, not god.

Interesting direction the thread has taken...I try not to think to hard on explaining how the universe got its start.

It would be nice to know but with the limited life we have is it really that important?

• Panda
    Panda

FlowerPetal, Rather than ask WHo made XYZ, I ask Why do the elements exist? How have the been eneabled to exist in their states? We do know some of these answers, stabilization is due to the electron orbits which cause their own gravity and evergy. By keeping the orbitting electros constant the nucleus os said element is protected. certain nuclei can be split, but the energy they release is destructive (radiation).

Anyway, where did everything come from. I don;t know, yet. But with the next discovery and the next and the next we'll get closer to the answer, so close that we'll know exactly where to look. Another paradigm shift.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

While is doesn't specifically speak of a "paradise earth", does it not suggest a restoration of the earth? Bible believers: What are your thoughts on the "new earth.?

mizpah ,

Actually it does like this:

This verse in Luke is a time dependent truth.

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

This verse in 2 Cor. is a prophetic view of such a time.

2 Corinthians 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. {lawful: or, possible}

This view in Rev. is a promise that will be fulfilled by means of a resurrection into that time.

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

All such events will take place here on earth where human beings that have been either resurrected or changed into immortal human beings will reside. The real truth of the matter is that scripture does not teach that human beings will some day become non-human beings in a place called heaven. Heaven when so used is simply a Jewish term for the Godly realm that this kingdom on earth will become.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit