Do any of the current Governing Body have academic qualifications?

by usualusername1 42 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They may be idiots but then again , THEIR in control of a multi-million dollar empire reaping the benefits.

just saying

• Half banana
    Half banana

They certainly don't act or speak as if they had college degrees.They're in control ok but not due to their education.....the only qualifications required to be a GB member is having total blind loyalty to the organization and the mystical belief that the Bible is more important than evidence or logic.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes they all have Phd.s in self empowering Bullshit.

They are the top executive directors of a corrupt maligning, fear mongering religious publishing house. The Watchtower Corporation

• stillin
    stillin

It's a fair question. Business degrees, philosophy or religion? Sociology? Psychology? ANYTHING?

It isn't the absolute criterion for acceptable leadership. They may simply be good at delegating the "heavy work" to somebody who knows more than they do, but it would be interesting to know what academic background is to be found among the leaders of millions of people.

Apparently, Jesus learned woodworking under Joseph's tutoring, a respectable trade. He sat at the feet of the religious leaders of the time at the synagogue. Also respectable. As far as I know, Jesus never boasted his creds, but he had some, at least!

• new boy
    new boy

Russell gave himself the title of "Pastor" with no formal education or seminary school.

Rutherford. have himself the title of "Judge" with no formal education or law school.

If Knorr could have giving himself a title it would have been "King" Knorr. Yet he had no royal blood.

So there you have the first 100 years of the powers that be at the lord's house

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    usualusername1 - "Do any of the current Governing Body have academic qualifications?"

Please.

Geoff Jackson's a fricking high school dropout.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Considering the level of quality of his video presentations, I suspect that Lett may have finished Kindergarten.

:smirk:

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

They have been qualified by GOD!
    When you tell people that - reason leaves the conversation.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I believe the only two converts are Losch and Morris. These two almost certainly would have completed high school. Morris of course is a Vietnam vet. Losch a waiter. I'm guessing the others, as born-ins possibly completed high school *at most*.

So there you have it. I think Morris converted latest so he's the only one who may have.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Vidiot: Geoff Jackson's a fricking high school dropout.

How do you know that? That would be significant if it can be documented. Please provide your evidence and/or source(s).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit