Cigarettes

by Beans 30 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Gave up cigs when I became a JW -- have absolutely zero intention of going back to them --not even out of rebellion -filthy habit --expensive habit -- etc.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Not interested in smoking. Never took it up.

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

2 1/2 packs a day for 20 years.

Gave them up a few years ago (I feel alot better).

• Piph
    Piph

I used to want to smoke really bad as a JW...I thought it looked cool. The smell really bothered me though.

Interestingly, I found that since I have left the org, the smell doesn't bother me anymore. Must have been more of a physiological aversion or something...anyway...I might try one one of these days just out of curiosity but I'm not in a hurry, and I don't want to get addicted.

• Beans
    Beans

I remember smoking as a kid and running home and pasting my mouth with toothpaste, I don't know how my parents never suspected. Perhaps it is because they really were not looking for it.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

No matter what the thread is intended for....

Never smoked...never will....hate it...hate it...hate it. Everyone in my family smoked. Grandmother, (Salems)--grandfather (cigars)--mother (Pall Malls) step-dad (pipe)

Although my mom and grandmom stopped when they had new light on the matter. That's what I don't understand. How could they stop so suddenly after 20/40 years respectively? Just cold turkey. Because of a religion? And others say they can't, no matter what they've tried.

Filthy, dirty habit. I hate tobacco corporations. They need to be made to sit in an OR and watch cancer victims for days and days!!!

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

No ciggies but MJ ......... keep rolling baby

NwS

• sens
    sens

lol@ "Nope.. never tried it. Doesn't interest me in the slightest." . Doc...I remember hearing those words from Mr Intel Once....:P:P

• Piph
    Piph

Hee hee. I tried a cigarette tonight. I thought you were supposed to cough and hack or something when you smoke the first time. I just had one puff, but I inhaled pretty deeply, and didn't feel like coughing. I liked breathing in the smoke, but the aftertaste was gross. Definitely not a habit I'm picking up, but it seems like a fun thing every once in a while. ;-)

• Englishman
    Englishman

I used to smoke when making love.

So I learned to slow down.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit