Witness Costume Parties?

by shamus 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• morty
    morty

I REMEMBER GOING TO COSTUME PARTIES AS A JW......IT WAS THE BEST......MIND YOU NEAR THE END OF OUR TIMES GOING TO THE HALL, I ASKED MY MOM WHY THERE WAS KNOW MORE PARTIES......THE DUBS THOUGHT IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE...SO IT WAS ALL BROUGHT TO A QUICK HALT......I ALSO REMEMBERED THINKING AS WELL WAS'NT ADULTRY TOO? ( SORRY I KNOW THAT WAS OFF TOPIC BUT, I HAD TO THROUGH IT IN)

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

My mom had one right as I was in my "falling off "stage. I remember the elder's daughter dressing as Ruth. I dressed my younger son as a Chinese kung-fu fighter. Only my mom didn't realize it, or she would have thrown a fit. She always told me Bruce Lee was demonized and that's what killed him.

But my objet d' art was dressing my son, Chris, as Pharoah!!

• nilfun
    nilfun

I went to a costume party as Cinderella when I was a little JW girl. Thankfully, there was no one in blackface in attendance.

• Faraon
  • Faraon
    Faraon
    We can all play bible charades and sing kingum melodies.

That's an excellent idea

Some could go as Cain and kill a "Brother"

A hillbilly could go dressed as Abraham, married to his sister, and having concubines.

As Israel, married to two sisters, and having children with concubines.

As Jehova, sitting down and making a list of all penalties that require the death penalty.

As Jesus, telling all the non-Jewish women that their children are dogs.

Asking all women at the party if they have their periods so that you don't shake their hands.

We could have Moses doing magic tricks, like informing three million people in one day how to properly cook roasted lamb, and instructions on how to prevent Jehovah from killing the oldest of your children.

On view of this, What devilish Ideas do you come up with?

• Navigator
    Navigator

Costume Parties? You should have been at Joy & Steve's on Halloween!

• Beans
    Beans

I was about three years old when I recall my parents going to one and my Dad had fangs for his costume. Must have been Ok then in the 70's.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

My only dub costume party caused me to be the star of a local needs talk a couple of weeks later. You see there was this 14 year old girl all dressed up in skin tight clothes like a kitty cat rubbing up against everyone and purring seductivly. What a tramp.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    My only dub costume party caused me to be the star of a local needs talk a couple of weeks later. You see there was this 14 year old girl all dressed up in skin tight clothes like a kitty cat rubbing up against everyone and purring seductivly. What a tramp.

Heh, heh! If only you'd been 14 about 25 years ago, Stacey!

Stephanus,

of the "Sucker for a purring kitty-cat" class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit