"Nervous Breakdown"

by StinkyPantz 89 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The one that I had in grade 7 was the result of being picked on constantly because of my religion, the out-of-style clothes my mother made me wear, and leaving it all in Jehovah's hands. I was bashed in the head, kicked just about everywhere on my body, and I did nothing about it - except leave it in Jehovah's hands.

The result was me shaking uncontrollably when I was at school, or even when the thought of going to school came to mind. I would shake while getting dressed in the morning, while I was walking to school, etc. It was horrible, and something I never want to experience again.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    You didn't say that you were having one SPm just what the symptoms were and how you would know.

If you have to ask then you are most likely not having one. Your friends would know instead so you should as any offline friends you may have.

She's asking here. Had you been reading about what's going on in her life, things she's said on this board, you wouldn't have said this. Maybe this thread isn't the place for you Simon.

Bridget - you have a pm.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Yanno... that comment really upsets me. I think StinkyPants deserves an apology Simon, it was WAY harsh and very cruel.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

(((Bridget)))

You have an email....

• Aztec
    Aztec

Honey, you've been going through alot of changes in your life lately and you're not sleeping right. You may want to take some time away (especially from these boards that seem to cause you more stress than good lately) and get some rest. I'm definatly no expert on these things and I can only speak from my experience with my family. Several members of my family have severe bi-polar disorder and I think I exhibit some of the symptoms as well. If you can please go see someone and talk about this. It's not something to take lightly or to self-diagnose. Take care of yourself!

~Aztec

• wasasister
    wasasister
    If you have to ask then you are most likely not having one. Your friends would know instead so you should as any offline friends you may have.

I seem to recall several times when people were chastised, disciplined, removed, etc. for being unkind and harsh to the wounded masses coming here for support. Is that not why all the rules are applied, so that those aching, depressed, lost souls coming out of the Watchtower have a kind, friendly place to heal?

I'm sure Simon did not mean the above comment as cruel and unfeeling as it sounds, but I think if I read it in a vunerable state, I would certainly not feel all warm and fuzzy.

• Emma
    Emma

I don't think Simon meant to be cruel but to be reassuring. She's still looking out for herself, a good thing, and getting lots of help here. As a "survivor" of anxiety attacks, beint reassured I was still incontrol went a very long way toward letting me know I'd be OK.

• sens
    sens
    so that those aching, depressed, lost souls coming out of the Watchtower have a kind, friendly place to heal?

place 2 heal? no...... i left the org 4 months ago...and Ive never been more depressed..watching people being torn to pieces over a forum is such bs...

This is 2 depressing...Im outta here...

• Sassy
    Sassy
    If you have to ask then you are most likely not having one.

I went through some stuff years ago and I remember saying something to my sister in law about it. I was crying all the time and didn't know why which frustrated me. She is in the medical profession and she told me I was probably having a nervous breakdown. I had no idea. I just knew that life was difficult at that time even though I wasn't sure why. When she explained to me that so many things were out of my control and overhwelming beyond what I could handle, my body was reacting. I was having a breakdown. We can have feelings and anxieties in life but having them doesn't mean we always know what label to put on them.

One thing helps the most during a breakdown, is when your friends are really there for you and not judging you. I've had both, friends who are, and friends who judge.

If you are going through difficult times, I hope you have a lot of the kind of friends who are there to support you Stinky.

• core
    core
    What do you do about it?

..........get any help you can,.. I have absolutely no right to give medical guidance.....lots of impractical phoney advice out in the world so be sure to get professional help...best wishes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit