Tonight I am sad..very sad

by fulano 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
    fulano

I was thinking of our friends who were tortured and who died in the concentration-camps in Germany and other countries during WW2..and that all in vane as I understand now.

I was thinking of the missionaries of age who are frustrated in their assignments, who see how their lives have gone with no reward and finally without a purpose.

I was thinking of Bethelites of age, with no change to go back into real world.

I am glad I had the guts to leave missionary-work at the age of almost 40 and at least have the next 40 years a real life!

• shamus
    shamus

Fulano,

Thank god you saw the light... yes? It is a horrible thing to comprehend... that everything that you believed in, everything that you believed in goes up in smoke, and you are left sitting there in the ashes alone.

I know exactly what you mean.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

fulano,

I wholeheartly share your sentiments. I feel the saddest for the bro and sis in Malawi who were tortured and raped and treated worse than animals, all for stupid man-made policies.

I am happy for you that you had the courage to leave missionary service. Enjoy the next 40 years free from the bondage of watchtower.

The best is yet to come

wannaexit

• hooberus
    hooberus

God is real even though some organizations may not really speak for him.

• talesin
    talesin

so true, my friend

I am glad I had the guts to leave missionary-work at the age of almost 40 and at least have the next 40 years a real life!

You do have the next 40 or so years - don't waste it.

talesin

• yesidid
    yesidid

Fulano, I am glad you are no longer doing something you consider futile.

• Panda
    Panda

Fulano, I too share your sentiments. The saddness and pain of heart are part of what makes us human. Why do we insist on making each other suffer in this world. Everything EVERYTHING ... could indeed be so much nicer.

How long ago did you leave the missionary service? Did you lose family members because of leaving? Have you found an outlet for your sensitivities?

I hope you will find some good ideas on this forum.

Hugs, Panda

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

fulano,

You are not alone. And you got out young compared to me. I was DF'd for apostacy about 9 months ago at age 54. Yet I can see you have so much more background and have seen so many sacrifice themselves for a false hope.

To leave late in your life and yet have 40 years of real life is an encouragement to everyone of the younger ones here. Thank you for you heartfelt comments.

STeve

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It is sad - it's hard to socially accept the wtbts as being somehow ok.

I get an urge to scatter them - confuse the language of the tower builders.

• mizpah
    mizpah

I'm encouraged that God reads the hearts of individuals. If these individuals were motivated by a desire to help their neighbors and to please God, I'm sure God notes that and takes it into consideration. The Watchtower Society is not the only religious organization that displeases God.

It's worthy to note that in the 7 churches of Revelation, many of the churches were in deplorable spiritual condition. In spite of that, individuals could still please God and gain a reward. Jesus also noted that the "wheat" and "chaff" would grow up together until the harvest time. Then, they would be separated.

We can be thankful that it is God, not men, who makes these judgments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit